No announcement yet.

Toys from TV series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had some of the original Thunrderbirds toys, a way kool TB3, and a bendy Popeye, made of rubber that perished eventually, bendy toys we don't have them nowadays, and the Corgi's and Dinky's.

Comment

Re: Toys from TV series

I had an "Interceptor" a spaceship with a big missile on the front which u could fire, I think it was from the tv series U.F.O???

Comment

I went into hospital when I was little and amongst some of the toys to play with on the ward was a brown Matchbox 'Kojak' car from the TV series.

Comment

still got my Kojak car, and whats left of my UFO interceptor and SHADO mobile.......sold some on EBay though....

Comment

(Drags up another old thread...)

Had a Man From UNCLE car, got it at a jumble sale I think. Had a push button on the top and the guys would lean out from their front seats with guns in hand. Also had a large logo on the front bonnet featuring the UNCLE motif, so not very authentic...
            Also had the classic James Bond Aston Martin, in silver I think, though my brother insisted he had it and it was metallic light blue. Have seen it since in gold, but never silver (or metallic light blue for that matter). He did have the James Bond moon buggy and the Captain Scarlet pursuit car, the Batmobile, the Batmobile and Batboat, and another Batmobile that seemed to be in very dark blue and unrelated to the previous two (the blade on the front was fixed out, and the missile firing thing - sorry, Batmissile - was made of metal and unfireable).
            I had a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang for a birthday (and its wings and things were broken before the day was out) and the Daktari Land Rover (complete with Clarence the crosseyed lion), whilst one of my siblings had the Beatles Yellow Submarine, the Monkees Monkeemobile, the Bond Moonraker Shuttle, the Bond Lotus submarine car, the Magic Roundabout train, a wheeled Brian Snail... Ah, the joys of remembering whilst rooting through Ebay!

Comment

lone ranger and tonto
              batman
              he man
              there is some more but carnt think minds gone blank
              THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

The Fall Guy pickup was a big number in its large scale format.
                Magnum PI cars and a gun playset that I saw in a Woolworths way back when.

Inspector Gadget toys, that I have only ever seen pictures of.
                Even worse, the same goes for one of my favourite cartoons, Ulysses 31.

Comment

I had the two 'Dukes Of Hazzard' wrist racers. The (wound-up) General Lee would wheelie along when released from it's container, and the police car would spin out. I also had a Dukes playset which consisted of two friction-powered General Lee Dodge Chargers (it should possibly have only contained one - bonus!), and a plastic base which consisted of a ramp, alleyway and a barn. Whizz the car through the back of the barn and it burst out the front doors pulling a wheelie, drive it through the alley and it was supposed to emerge on two side wheels (but this wasn't all that effective), and of course it would (sort-of) jump the ramp, although 'plop off the end' would've been more appropriate. It was all good fun to play with though, and I think some boxes and barrels were included.
                  "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

One of my friend had that Dukes Of Hazard set.

There was also a Knight Rider set almost the same, which I got an Xmas or so later. That gave me a few years of fun until my Mum decided to give the main section (she was bad for this kind of thing!) without my say-so, I still had the car & the other bits for a few years afterwards. The car's workings broke but I managed to remove them so it was just a pushalong, eventually it went to a jumble sale with a box of other toys. The boxes & barrels migh still be somewhere in my parents loft.
                    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Off the top of my head, here’s a few things I had that are now in the loft, passed on or sadly lost:

Transformers (so many), Inspector Gadget, Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles, Mighty Max (design of these really set them apart), Captain Planet and the Planeteers, James Bond Jr., Pinju, Batman, Ghostbusters, Thundercats, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, Joe 90 (briefcase), Peter Pan and the Pirates, He-man, Man from U.N.C.L.E. (cap gun), Sooty (puppets), Darkwing Duck, Bucky O’Hare, Aladdin (courtesy of Happy Meals) and Sonic (again, courtesy of Happy Meals I think).

Comment

i've still got a fonz figure and his motorbike. here's a picture.

Click image for larger version

Name:	29052011074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.4 KB
ID:	259959

Comment

I can't remember having anything from a TV show apart from a little She-Ra doll. It makes me think of all the toys you couldn't get (or at least I wasn't aware if you could get them). Things like the Playschool toys, Flumps, Bagpuss, Zippy and George etc I would have killed for them when I was little.
                          1976 Vintage

Comment

I had a Dusty Bin, Smurf, Emu, Little Ted and Thunderbird 2. Weird combination!

Comment

Originally posted by Trickyvee View Post
                              I can't remember having anything from a TV show apart from a little She-Ra doll. It makes me think of all the toys you couldn't get (or at least I wasn't aware if you could get them). Things like the Playschool toys, Flumps, Bagpuss, Zippy and George etc I would have killed for them when I was little.
                              I have been searching for she ra characters for yrs.

i had al the masters of the universe ones but could never get any from the she ra series.
                              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                                I have been searching for she ra characters for yrs.

i had al the masters of the universe ones but could never get any from the she ra series.
                                I only had the one, SheRa on her horse. I wasn't even into SheRa all that much. I think I just liked the horse!
                                1976 Vintage

Comment

Working...
                                X