Blue Peter or Magpie??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Blue Peter

I think the best way to describe the old Blue Peter was that the male presenters were avuncular, the female presenters like a bigger sister or an Aunt. Its the same with the old Dr Who, he was avuncular too. I also think the new presenters aren't as angelic as they make out. You just couldn't think of the old BP presenters in any other way than clean cut.

Comment

Blue Peter or Magpie kid

Which were you a Blue Peter or a Magpie kid?.............I was having this discussion with work mates the other day.............I'm a Magpie kid ......Blue Peter was for the posh kids where I lived lol

Comment

Re: Blue Peter or Magpie kid

Magpie with the lovely Jenny Hanley and no posh twonks.

Comment

Blue Peter- your thoughts please.

This was never one of my favourite programmes as a kid. I still don't like it now. Anybody else hate BP?

Comment

Re: Blue Peter- your thoughts please.

I loved it as a kid in the 60s and 70s ...and even through the 80s and early 90s to some degree. Don't like the episodes I've seen, now and then, over the past 15 years or so. But then I'm getting old

There are a number of existing threads on the show if you do a search.

MB

Comment

I was a 'magpie' kid in the 70's ..............my sister liked 'blue peter' and she usually got her way............it was ok but like Marine boy i too am getting old haha and dont appreciate the prog as it is today

Comment

I think BP was brilliantly well compiled and very effective back in the Biddy Baxter days but got messed about with too much during the 90's onwards.
                "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

It depended on the presenters. Some of them were annoying to watch even to child me.

Comment

hmm... maybe just a bit different

...and I should probably say, the old ones were never annoying in my young eyes.
                    Last edited by Marine Boy; 18-04-2012, 21:52.

Comment

Re: Blue Peter or Magpie??

I was or at least tried to be a Magpie kid as it was the in thing and very cool and hip to watch back then,alas my parants kept turning it over to bbc.I do however remember John Nokes,peter pervis and val as the best blue peter presenters with Petra and Shep.I suppose after all these years I remember blue peter very well,but only the theme tune remains in my mind from magpie.

Comment

Blue Peter or Magpie??

Where you a BluePeter or a Magpie Kid?

I remeber them both being on at the same time. My hazy recolection was that Blue Peter was slightly aimed at Middle Class of the day and Magpie Working Class.

Please don't flame me about class wars etc but it is totally in a humblest of opinions and what I remember of the TV of the time. late 70's early 80's.

Is this a fair representation of them or just my failing memory.

Comment

I was a Blue Peterer (at the time of the classic line up of Noakes, Purves and Judd), Magpie was very much a wannabee. One thing I did like about Magpie, apart from the brilliant theme was their appeal. Where as Blue Peter collected stamps, had bring and buys, collected rags etc, Magpie just said "Give us your cash".

Comment

Re: Blue Peter or Magpie kid

i never really saw magpie so i dont know how much id liked it.

but i just loved B.P through the eighties and nineties.
                            some great guests and the locations the presenters went to.
                            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by a_c_g_t View Post
                              Where you a BluePeter or a Magpie Kid?

I remeber them both being on at the same time. My hazy recolection was that Blue Peter was slightly aimed at Middle Class of the day and Magpie Working Class.

Please don't flame me about class wars etc but it is totally in a humblest of opinions and what I remember of the TV of the time. late 70's early 80's.

Is this a fair representation of them or just my failing memory.

No you're right Blue Peter was more middle class I think.

I always found it boring to be honest, but I didn't bother with Magpie either - loved the theme tune though.

Comment

Have to admit its a difficult one between Magpie and Blue Peter...Magpie had the best theme tune imho but then I think that BP had the better makes and articles.
                                I must say though I think Susan Stranks and Jenny Hanley win the sexiest presenters award.

Comment

Working...
                                X