Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When you could leave your back door open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When you could leave your back door open...

in the good old days where everyone trusted everybody in your street?
    All the kids came out to play hop skotch and kirby and follow the arrows.....

Anyone else remember playing them games?
    Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

yes i remember all us kids in my street playing kirby, british bulldogs and follow the arrows do you mean tracking? thats what we called in lichfield anyway!
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

we used to chalk the arrows on the ground and just well....follow them!!!

Comment

yes it was called tracking, we used to get the old people telling us to clean it up, well i say old they were probably only 40!
        No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

THAT WAS OLD back then, but now for some strange reason its sooooo young!!!!

Comment

i used to love playing tag and hop scotch
            Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

Comment

We left our back door open right through the 70s and 80s (if we were in...but we could have been upstairs or anywhere and wouldn't have heard anyone slip in), until I was about 20, but still living at home, and some scallywag did indeed slip in and took my mam's handbag.

Comment

yes we called it tracking too. played that loads.you were always getting told off by adults for chalking everywhere but it didnt stop us.

Comment

We played tracking, does anyone remember a game called "Chopsticks" Not sure of the rules but it involved drawing a square on the road by the kerb and then you put a small piece of wood overhanging the kerb and whacked it with a bigger piece of wood. The fielding team then had to try and throw the piece of wood back into your square. Can't remember how the scoring worked but we played it for hours. There was also an obscure game that involved shouting out the initials of someone famous and everyone trying to guess who it was. My sister came up with LR one day and when we all gave up she said it was Libe Race, the piano bloke with the chandelier, I think we took it turns to beat her up!!
                  John

Comment

Re: When you could leave your back door open...

yes i remember when we could leave out front and backdoor open.
                    remember i live in northern ireland and in the seventies and eighties we had the troubles.
                    but even at that it was safer to leave the front and backdoors open than it is now.
                    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Working...
                    X