Pop-a-point

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pop-a-point

Does anyone remember pop-a-point pencils and jumbo rubbers? a pencil case just wasn't complete without them.!!
    sigpic

Re: Pop-a-point

Now those I do remember. A barrel/pencil with pre sharpened tips, when one was used you "popped" the next one up with the one you'd just used Loved the ones with different colours.
    Heather

Comment

I used to keep my 10 Number 6 and book of mathces in my pencil case too!! (Until Mum found them while looking for a pen!!)
      sigpic

Comment

Oh yes, had loads in the 70's

Comment

yep i remember both too
          i had a big white rubber/eraser with "for big mistakes " written on it
          Those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it.
          Those who live in the past are already repeating it.

Comment

I had to buy my mother those big erasers as she kept picking mine to bits
            sigpic
            Mrs Oggy
            ~~~*~~~*~~~
            Count your friends amongst the stars....
            And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

I had one of those giant-sized biro type pens (clear plastic) with blue green & red ink..you rotated the whole pen above the nib to select your colour
              sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I had one of those too.
                Heather

Comment

Pop a Point Pete 70's Poster.

Heather

Comment

I had Pop A Point Pencils too! Some were coloured and others were a translucent blue with normal leads in them?

I wonder if you kept them in one of those fun fur pencil cases with an animals face on, glass wobbly eyes and a beak design?

Comment

Only two nights ago I used my popapoint pencil from the 1970's. I have several of them, they're all just pencils, no coloured ones and they even still have the white plastic lids/caps. I also have a rubber that is like a square chunky pencil with lego type blocks in different colours. The white rubber inside is whole but in theory as it's worn down you pull off the bottom block and put it on the top of the rubber.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
                          Only two nights ago I used my popapoint pencil from the 1970's. I have several of them, they're all just pencils, no coloured ones and they even still have the white plastic lids/caps. I also have a rubber that is like a square chunky pencil with lego type blocks in different colours. The white rubber inside is whole but in theory as it's worn down you pull off the bottom block and put it on the top of the rubber.

Nice collection TLC, I've not seen the erasers/rubbers for years!
                          Heather

Comment

Thanks for your comments and many thanks to sixtyten for kindly uploading the pic for me.
                            I had more of the pale blue ones (the very first ones I had) until my daughter spied me using one the other evening, she liked that colour best and has now 'scavenged' them as she calls it. Never to be seen again no doubt!! Another thing lost from the good old 70s!!!!

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
                            Nice collection TLC, I've not seen the erasers/rubbers for years!

Comment

Pop-a-point pencils are a wondeful memory. I can't recall the colour of the ones I had, but I do remember thinking they were really neat. And that picture of the eraser with the coloured blocks, Low Country. Thanks for that. One of those items I'd forgotten about for at least thirty years!

Comment

Working...
                              X