No announcement yet.

What music did your parents listen to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music did your parents listen to?

Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison, Elvis, Neil Diamond. I listen to them all now - love the Man in Black a lot. Will also play some Neil Diamond, every once in a while...

Comment

I only have 1 tape in my car, Side A is Johnny Cash, Side B is Roy Orbison, it's probably been in there 3-4 months now, never get sick of it. Even my 3 year old daughter goes around the house singing I Got Stripes lol.
      "Ah, nostalgia ain't what it used to be..."

Comment

Originally posted by stevef View Post
        I only have 1 tape in my car, Side A is Johnny Cash, Side B is Roy Orbison, it's probably been in there 3-4 months now, never get sick of it. Even my 3 year old daughter goes around the house singing I Got Stripes lol.
        You're a classy guy Steve....I love it that you are educating the next generation as well....

Comment

Dad used to listen to Shakin Stevens, Little Richard, Jim Reeves. Mum used to listen Simple Red, Phil Collins, Queen and Tina Turner,

Comment

My dad loved Neil Diamond, The Corries, Slim Whitman, Perry Como, and Lonnie Donnigan(is that how his name is spelt). My mum loved Elvis, cringe Sydney Divine,and there was always the latest Top Of The Pops L.P. does anyone remember them, they were always stuck on the record player at parties and then the grown ups just had to dance.

Comment

Just rememberd the Johnie Cash L.P. live at Sanquentine prison where he sang My Name Is Sue, and in the background you could hear the inmates shouting. That L.P. was put on most sat nights after my dad came back from the pub and he would join in the songs with Johnie. from maxine

Comment

Pink Floyd
                Beatles
                Jigsaw Falling Into Place

Comment

gene vincent,roy orbison cliff richard
                  "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Dad likes trad jazz , Connie Frances, Slim Whitman, but he also had tubular bells and the planet suite.
                    Mum likes musicals like half a sixpence and later Andrew LLoyd Webber,
                    she also liked Jim Reeves and Richard Clayderman.
                    One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

My Dad like Shirley Bassey, my Mum liked Matt Monro, Ken Dodd singers like that, which is probably where I got my taste in music from, strange for a 37 year old, I know. But true.

Comment

My dad liked Bing Crosby and my mum liked Frank Sinatra but they didn't listen to music at home when we were growing up. Nowadays, my mum (aged 87) listens to classical and opera.

Comment

Mostly horrible horrible tedious middle of the road ****. Dad's a fan of the big band thing so James Last was a favourite, Glenn Miller etc. These days it's those dreadful Sinatra wannabes like Michael Bubbly and Jamie Bleeding Cullum. To be absolutely fair, they did introduce me to Simon & Garfunkel. Also, Dad has enough taste to loathe James Blunt and the like. Mum goes mainly for the big singers, some of which are very good for what they are, some of which are Michael Ball.

Comment

My Dad went Elvis mad when he died. It was like being brainwashed. My Mum used to like Ultravox and went to see Midge Ure on his solo tour. I grew up listening to Madness and was constantly ribbed by my dad that they wouldn't last 5 minutes. 33 years on and he's admitted he was wrong.

Fortunately for my daughter, my music taste is vary varied (still love my 80's stuff though) so no chance of brainwashing.
                            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

Dad - The Shadows, Roy Orbison, The Everley Brothers

Mum - Cliff Richard, The Beatles, most 1960s music

Comment

ABBA...Smokie...I remember my mom telling me something how Mexican Girl (Smokie) was like a song she and my dad both liked a lot...

Comment

Working...
                                X