No announcement yet.

What music did your parents listen to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What music did your parents listen to?

Mum : The Carpenters, Johnny Mathis, Elvis Presley, The Everley Brothers, Doris Day

Dad : Anything Country and Western, Glen Campbell, Roy Orbison

Comment

funny enough my mum liks jonny cash.

dad like charlie landsborough.
      only just found out.
      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Elvis Presley and Don McLean - Father
        Mother - Don't know

Comment

My Parents so enjoyed listening to the 60's songs.

Also my Mum liked the Carpenters, Batchelors, and the Searchers.

Comment

neil diamond and tony cristie
            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I was raised by my Grandparents and they didnt' go in for music. Two of my Aunts were quite young when I was little and they listened to the things from their teenage years, stuff from the 70s like the Bay City Rollers, Slade, Mud etc, They also listened to the modern 80s pop of the day, Duran Duran, things like that. I never liked any of that stuff, apart from Slade. I went lurking around other radio stations and found one that played Queen, Status Quo (which Auntie liked too) and I still have her Quo LP from years ago. I then discovered that my cousin Mark listened to decent stuff like Iron Maide, Def Leppard, Alice Cooper etc and I loved that. When I eventually saw Motorhead on The Young Ones, and saw the wonderfullness that was Lemmy, I knew that that would be me forever and it has been.
              - Rik Mayall Fanpage On Facebook
              - My retro Youtube channel.

Come Join The Fun!

Comment

My dad loved Frankie Laine, he sang the themes to High Noon, Champion the Wonder Horse. My mam loved (and still does) Irish country music. She also loved Jim Reeves.

Comment

My Dad was also a big fan of Les Paul

Les Paul & Mary Ford --The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise

<em>

Comment

my mother used to listen to
                    jim reeves
                    sidney divine
                    the alexander brothers

my dad used to say all modern music was **** from the 50,s onwards but caught him singing along to little richard lol

Comment

ABBA ... nearly always ABBA. Made it easy at Christmas and birthday though, because there was usually a rehashed singles tape or album to buy. Sometimes we'd have Brotherhood of Man (Save All Your Kisses For Me and a few others lesser known tracks). My parents were so middle of the road it's a wonder we ever managed to park the car properly.

My mum listens to Jim Reeves, and I have a few of his songs and hearing them always takes me back. Distance Drums and Welcome to my World, in particular. Must admit that Jim did have a lovely singing voice. Mum also liked Alvin Stardust and I remember giving her the Stardust poster from my Look-In magazine one Mother's Day and she was well chuffed. Extra helping of rice pud' for me that day!

There was a period when going-on-holiday music consisted of Hooked On Classics and ABBA tapes but to start the journey we'd listen to the radio and it seemed that every year on the Saturday morning we left home, the Radio 1 'jock would play 'Captain Beaky'. Love that song.

Comment

When they were younger, my folks were big Elvis fans. Now though there's only my elderly mum left and she's gone all classical.

Comment

Another favorite of my parents was Mantovani, they had several of his albums which I discovered one day and used to play all the time. Funny, but this one brings back childhood memories for me. I did have a funny childhood.

Comment

Working...
                          X