Old Skool Packaging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Old Skool Packaging

Most ppl including me seem to remember Wagon Wheels being larger, but apparently it isn't so.

Comment

Talking of Wagon Wheels, when I was a naughty boy & in prison, we used to get a free Wagon Wheel in our canteen bag (The canteen being the prison shop where we order our weekly shopping which they deliver to us) = They were past their sell by date though, so I guess they just wanted to get rid of them. Bless their little hearts though, as they could have just binned them
      sigpic
      Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

http://blog.creamglobal.com/.a/6a00e...5b35097970c-pi

http://modculture.typepad.com/.a/6a0...d26a970c-800wi
        Last edited by darren; 15-11-2014, 23:54.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

http://app.nventree.co.uk/Media/Resi...g?maxWidth=400
          Last edited by darren; 10-04-2015, 13:07.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Drool!!!
              Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Apart from the old-fashioned logos and designs of some packaging, back in the 1970s at least I assumed that it wasn't too easy to try and see if there was some sort of date on them, as it was before Best Before dates were included on them, and even then some products such as crisps could only have something like "July 10" on them with no year included, probably because everyone knew that they wouldn't have lasted a year anyway, and so they thought that putting the year on them was a waste of time. Mind you, a few years ago, "July 10" could have been read as "July 2010" rather than "July 10th", hence the vital inclusion of years need on them. It's a pity, but never mind.

I have just read this article about someone picking up a Golden Wonder Crisp packet that seem to be from early 1967 - there obviously no Best Before dates on them of course as I have just said before, but it was dated down to the fact that there was an offer on the back in which the closing date was 30th June 1967, so I assume that as the offer could have lasted for three or four months, the crisps could have been consumed in the early part of 1967? The crisps were 5d originally - less than 2 and a half new pence. I bet that the packet might have outlived the person who originally ate the crisps!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-44159179

http://www.edp24.co.uk/news/crisp-pa...folk-1-5521601

I am assuming that it wasn't put in a littler bin but thrown on the ground by the owner originally, and I doubt that the packet was consumed in the area it was found either. The mind boggles - I would have expected to see it after opening up a 1967 Time Capsule, but not anywhere else. I am certain I have heard from someone who found a similar packet in their back garden but dating from the early 1970s and with a similar logo and design, although that had a similar pre-decimal price on it as well.

I bet that if was a Walkers Crisps packet from that time, it would have provided a lot of interest from Walkers themselves, especially due to the fact that their production of crisps are 70 years old in 2018. I saw an advert the other day which was a retrospective of Walkers Crisps due to its anniversary this year.
                    I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                    There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                    I'm having so much fun
                    My lucky number's one
                    Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

We had a evergreen hedge in our back garden. Those things suck the moisture out of the ground making some very dry conditions.When we cut the thing back to the trunks a few years ago we were finding old crisp and sweet wrappers buried in the leaf mould alongside milk bottles going back into the 80's.Most were still readable, but were very brittle. River mud can also protect some plastic packaging as we found out digging for old bottles.

Comment

Jokers

Attached Files

Comment

• Lucky Bags; so called because you could be lucky to get a decent toy lol
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic
                          Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Very true

Comment

But most of the time it was cheap tack lol
                              sigpic

Comment

Further to the 1967 crisp packet from last year, I saw in the news that a washed up Coca Cola can from 1988 was found on a beach near Edinburgh (the can had the Seoul Olympics sponsorship on the side of it, hence the date of it). Did the person who drank the beverage came from the same area, I wonder? I assume that they ignored the Keep Britain (or even Scotland) Tidy legislation, and did not put the empty can in the nearest litter bin when had finished drinking it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotla...-fife-47906228

I know that they had a lot of sponsorship merchandise such as sports bags and the like back then as they were the main company behind the Olympics - it was my first school bag when I went onto Year 7 but enough said about that.

It did remind me of having a can of Coke (or perhaps Tango) in my hand while on a sunny Sunday afternoon circa 1988 with the family, visiting the Nottingham Arboretum. Mind you, I drink Pepsi and Fanta these days...
                                I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                                There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                                I'm having so much fun
                                My lucky number's one
                                Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Working...
                                X