Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

A QUEEN SONG THAT MAKES ME HAPPY.

FAB VIDEO
    https://youtu.be/g2N0TkfrQhY?t=6
    FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
      A QUEEN SONG THAT MAKES ME HAPPY.

FAB VIDEO
      https://youtu.be/g2N0TkfrQhY?t=6
      I have been listening to a lot of abba Darren mate - there are not many Groups like them that can be said re; every song triggers emotions of good and bad memories in equal measures

Though it does occur for a few others like Nillson and without You - but this does'nt apply as much a with mariah Carey's version.

Roy Orbison and Pretty Women to an extent is another too as he passed away so young, as too is the Carpenters with many songs as karen passed away so young, but it don't applt to all like Abba!

Another was/is for personal reasons Boyzone (and the Irish Music I justa dore) as I do Stephen Gatley as lead singer wityh No Matter what - as he died so young too (and had the "voice of an Angel") on that Song

Fleetwood Mac and Albaross (the first ever totaly instrumental no worded song) ever done and Everywhere/Little Lies and The eagles with Hotel Valifornia due to my Step-Dad's passing last year mean a lot happyness and sadness wise as he adored the later two groups

Scott mCKenzie from the 60s with If your Going to San fransico (Be sure To Wear Some Flowers In Your Hair) and later Bonnie Tyler and Total Eclipse Of The heart mean a lot to me as when the Sunday paper's over here gave away free CDs in 02 means a lot as that was an eqaualy happy and totourus time for me

Also Carless Whisper by the late great George Michael and Karma Chemelon/Everything I Own by Boy george mean alot i equal measures too for me as does last Xmas too
      Last edited by 80sChav; 23-02-2020, 00:12.

Comment

The reply above posted before I had a chance to complete it properly and the Window was expiring for editing - but another one i love in equal doses is a Fairytale Of New York - that is up there with other Irish Sngs or Celtic Inspired ones like Paul McCartney's Celtic Inspired Songs Aka Mull of Kintyre and Pipes of Peace

Also George Harrison and my Sweet lord too as as I seem to recall this re-hitting the charts somewhere around the time of the death of the legend that was the late George Best

80sChav

Comment

Another few are Heart and Alone and Kool and the Gang - Cherish/Help Me Make It Through The Night about the chap who's wife is dying always, always strikes a chord with me

For some odd reason Alone and Help Me Make It through The Night have always soundede immensley similar - I dunno why

Other honourable mentions go to Mike and The Mechanics and The living Years - though I prefer James Lasts Gospel inspired version way more, as well too as The Real Thing with You To Me Are Everything and more so since Eddie Amo passed way in-particular. This is/was easily the late 70s/early 80s best english Soul Song ever I think/feel

80sChav

Comment

Is it Joe Walsh Help me through the night

Comment

one of my faves that

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                DAYS OF OUR LIVES QUEEN SO VERY SAD
                https://youtu.be/oB4K0scMysc
                One Of My Faves That Darren

Best Years Of My Childhood Was Growing Up In The Late 90's and the early 2000's . before the world went Mad

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
                  one of my faves that
                  Love that song by Joe

Comment

Originally posted by onthebusesfan View Post
                    One Of My Faves That Darren
                    Got to agree yeah - this one is great but has to have Lisa stansfield and george Michael RIP included with all on the song

Stuff by The Pet Shop Boys and the late great Dusty Springfield RIP - including What Have I Done To Deserve This/In Private/and Nothing Has Beem Proved deseve a very strong mention as songs of happy times for me too

Back in the day my um had all these songs on tape - early 1990s and it took a decade (just over) long search to find Nothing Has Been Proved on a CD with differing Songs on it in huddersfield Market Circa 2003/04 - though of course I collect/buy any Dusty CDs - though i never discoverd in the Circalate to mid 90s any of Dusty's CDs with these Songs on

80sChav

Comment

This One Means Alot To Me, i just loved whitney houston

https://youtu.be/IYzlVDlE72w

Comment

https://youtu.be/w2BmYZkODlg

Comment

More than a feeling-Boston

Comment

Working...
                          X