Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

Black Heart by Stushi

Baby Baby by Amy Grant

Comment

Happy song I heard on the radio in the car yesterday havent heard this in ages from 2000 Rock DJ-Robbie Williams this song was out 13 years ago

Comment

heard this night for the first time last night and it made me happy.

another is blue velvet by bobby vinton really makes me happy.

Originally posted by Clackers View Post
        My favourite song of all time is Bobby Goldsboro's Summer (The First Time). I recall being a very embarrassed 12 year old when my mum told me what it was actually about! I smile about that to this day.
        FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

'Danny Boy' is guaranteed to cause me to choke up and I know that my dad wants it played at his funeral so I also know I'm going to end up as a blubbering wreck in the corner. The other one that makes me sad is the very obscure 'Slower Now' by the alternative band 'The Clavier'.

Happy? The utterly trashy 'Love Missile F1-11' by Sigue Sigue Sputnik. So many great memories of going mad on the dancefloor in clubs of the 80s. Can totally embarrass the kids leaping around the living room like a loon when that's on.

Comment

"I Believe In Miracles" by the Jackson Sisters always puts a big smile on my face.

Comment

this.
              how happy it makes me.

http://youtu.be/jXPqCv9dV6g
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Love the way you lie- makes me cry. Because my boyfriend cheated on me a lot like the lyrics of this song.
                about Hong Kong office space.

Comment

"Feed the birds" from Mary Poppins makes me cry as it turns out!
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

Originally posted by Kaptain_Von View Post
                    'Danny Boy' is guaranteed to cause me to choke up and I know that my dad wants it played at his funeral so I also know I'm going to end up as a blubbering wreck in the corner
                    Ray Price, one of my favourite singers passed away recently. I've always liked his version of "Danny Boy."

Comment

• Re: What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

"Cry" - Godley & Creme. That track utterly destroys me.

"Good Life" - Inner City always lightens my mood.
                      01-811-8055 - Swap Shop

Comment

One song that makes me cry (especially when I am drunkenly (is that a word) noastalgic) is Back to the Old House by The Smiths

Comment

Lost Without Your Love - David Gates/Bread

Comment

Two Little Boys, it's definitely the words and not the tune that has this effect of sadness.
                            "Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

The Carnival is Over by The Seekers is one that reduces me to a blubbering mess. Not only has it a sad tune, but the lyrics are sad too. The words 'I will love you until I die' imply that it really will be over when you die, as opposed to, for example, I will love you forever, which is much more hopeful.

I remember when The Seekers' final concert was on the telly back in 1968/69 ish. I was a lad of 8 or 9 years old and the family were sat around the TV watching the show. I knew that at some point they would be singing this song and I was edging my way towards the living room door with a view to making a quick exit. And when Athol Guy announced : "and now the carnival really is over" and they played those opening chords, I had to make my excuses and go to the bathroom with a lump in my throat that was so painful I could barely breathe.

"Even nostalgia is not what it used to be"

Comment

I love Let's Stay Together by Al Green!!!
                                Found a great 70's playlist with it on!
                                http://open.spotify.com/user/one-med...eX4nx1Yq442dDX

Comment

Working...
                                X