Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

Default Re: What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

Another 2 to add to my list - Shania Twain and "Your Still the One" and oasis - Don't look Back In Anger - both are real, real 90s Gems indeed - but how on earth can Don't Look Back In Anger (or Sally Can Wait as I effectionaly call it after that or 2 line mentioning Sally) nbe 23 - nearly 25 years since!!!

80sChav

Hands To Heaven by Breathe. I was widowed just over a year ago, this is a lovely song but sad at the same time.

I am just listening to The Buggles (and Video Killed The Radio Star) .... wehat a classic this was , as was Denise/Heart Of Glass by Blondie/Debroah Harry.

Put simply though these was 70s songs and that the 1980s was great - this era of say 1978 to 1985/86 was amazing - or it was when I discovered all these old songs for the first time on a Sunday Morning (mid 90s - pre net days)!!

Songs that make my cry (but inside crying) are both of Elton John's Candle In The Wind and Something About The Way You Look Tonight (B-Side/extra track) from the Princess Diama Tribute single in 1997. I heard it said a lot and as beautiful as Candle In The Wind was re-wrote in such an amazing way of altering certain wording,- given it's importance to Princess Diana's passng - I can't help but feel as many others did (and mnay-be still do) that Something About The Way You Look Tonight was a better Single and in certain way's more of an acuratte trinute to Princess Diana (and more so given Chris De Burgh's "Lady In Red" and how they both share similar meanings lyric and word-wise (though of course Elton never mad pointers in it re Princess Diana like with Candle In The Wind)

80sChav
    Last edited by 80sChav; 22 Hours Ago at 16:34.