Ad_Forums-Top

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What songs make you happy??.... Or make you Cry?

Sarah McLachlan - Angel and Within Temptation - Our Farewell always remind me of loved ones that have passed away so they make me cry.

Comment

Tons of songs make me happy as well tho'...but one that's always gauranteed to cheer me up is..''dance yourself Dizzy''

Comment

Loads of songs make me get emotional, one that instantly springs to mind is The Carnival is Over by The Seekers
        Also Fare Thee Well Love by The Rankin Family (if you don't know it listen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6-mo4jS8VI)

Comment

Sinead O'Connor Nothing Compares to You
          Christina Perri One Thousand Years

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
            Just to be with you-Dido

WTF???!!! lol Reminds me of the series Dinner Ladies where the thick Asian girl Anita says she went into the swimming pool on a dildo - she actually meant a lilo lol
            sigpic
            Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Another 2 to add to my list - Shania Twain and "Your Still the One" and oasis - Don't look Back In Anger - both are real, real 90s Gems indeed - but how on earth can Don't Look Back In Anger (or Sally Can Wait as I effectionaly call it after that or 2 line mentioning Sally) nbe 23 - nearly 25 years since!!!

80sChav

Comment

Hands To Heaven by Breathe. I was widowed just over a year ago, this is a lovely song but sad at the same time.

Comment

I am just listening to The Buggles (and Video Killed The Radio Star) .... wehat a classic this was , as was Denise/Heart Of Glass by Blondie/Debroah Harry.

Put simply though these was 70s songs and that the 1980s was great - this era of say 1978 to 1985/86 was amazing - or it was when I discovered all these old songs for the first time on a Sunday Morning (mid 90s - pre net days)!!

Songs that make my cry (but inside crying) are both of Elton John's Candle In The Wind and Something About The Way You Look Tonight (B-Side/extra track) from the Princess Diama Tribute single in 1997. I heard it said a lot and as beautiful as Candle In The Wind was re-wrote in such an amazing way of altering certain wording,- given it's importance to Princess Diana's passng - I can't help but feel as many others did (and mnay-be still do) that Something About The Way You Look Tonight was a better Single and in certain way's more of an acuratte trinute to Princess Diana (and more so given Chris De Burgh's "Lady In Red" and how they both share similar meanings lyric and word-wise (though of course Elton never mad pointers in it re Princess Diana like with Candle In The Wind)

80sChav
                  Last edited by 80sChav; 17-01-2018, 16:34.

Comment

Listening to Horse with no name-America this song was out in 1971 great happy song

Comment

A lot of Christmas songs have those sorts of feelings, probably because we only hear them at a certain time of the year.
                      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                      I'm having so much fun
                      My lucky number's one
                      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

I,ll be Alright without you-Journey

Comment

Help me through the night-Joe Walsh listening to this moving song now it's about his daughter Emma that died as a child

Comment

Amazing how many number one hits from the 1970s could fall into this category, disco songs excepted of course.
                            I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
                            There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
                            I'm having so much fun
                            My lucky number's one
                            Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
                              Amazing how many number one hits from the 1970s could fall into this category, disco songs excepted of course.
                              I will survive-Gloria Gaynor

Comment

Originally posted by amethyst View Post
                                Help me through the night-Joe Walsh listening to this moving song now it's about his daughter Emma that died as a child
                                Joe walsh as well as being a great guitarist is also a great songwriter, his big hit of course was lifes been good, he now plays guitar for the Eagles
                                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                                X