Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: tango advert!! walkers crisps??

Talking of Tango, Meet my friend!!

accourding to my very good and reliable source he was part of a "phone up" promotion in 1995 and ended up running up a phone bill of about £3.50...Bargain.
    Heather

Comment

Oh my goodness, I had one of those! I made it a little "bedroom" in my bedside cabinet, LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by huggie74 View Post
        Talking of Tango, Meet my friend!!

accourding to my very good and reliable source he was part of a "phone up" promotion in 1995 and ended up running up a phone bill of about £3.50...Bargain.

Tango can with doll offer: "2.99 inclusive of cost of call, doll, P&P"

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

We've got one of these too somewhere.
          sigpic
          'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Wow, just watched that Tango Scotsman advert again, I had honestly forgotten all about it until now, scary stuff indeed.

Comment

That Tango critter. Looks like what happened to Morph when it all just 'went away'.

It started as the occasional bar of Ovaltine chocolate before bed, but when the work dried up, there was more time for more Ovaltine. Add in the addiction to Night Nurse to explain the eyes...

Was I the only person to wonder what would happen if you took Night Nurse in the morning?

Comment

What's lingering in my memory is the line "They're coming to take them away ha ha, hee hee, ha ha, my KP crisps". Can't be sure on it though.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Bumping this because it is still bugging me. No further forward except that someone on another forum thinks it was for Skips or Hula Hoops. Must admit I thought they sang 'crisps' or 'skips' and it fits in with KP which was deffo in the ditty.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

dfs

Comment

Originally posted by trinity View Post
                      does anybody rememember the tango advert where there was an orange,legless genie thing on a skateboard?? i was terrified of that advert.........also,im not totally sure if this was a walkers crisps advert,but it featured a little gnome type man singing "im coming to take you away ha ha" i think it got banned.the song was originally out in the 60s i think.surely somebody out there must remember!!

This one??

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
                        dfs
                        ???
                        1976 Vintage

Comment

I think they did ban the tango adverts in the end due to kids copying some of the antics. That's how I remember it anyway could be mistaken.
                          The coming to take me away advert is really bugging me. I remember the song clearly on TV during the adverts being played almost over and over again. Just cannot remember what it was for.

Comment

Working...
                          X