• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dancing in the 90's

i still do dance to them i think im still in the 80s and 90s lol
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I have to admit to drunkenly trying to dance to Saturday night a few times, and i think its worse cos a im a bloke to!!

Another embarrassing memory is when the James song 'Sit Down' came on i and everyone else use to sit down on the dance floor and sway... how sad is that! At the time we all thought it was cool.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3DF5qkZ9WU&NR=1
      Last edited by solatude; 07-07-2007, 21:40.

Comment

hey there people, I'm trying to remember a this specific song that came out sometime around '94, it was a dance song with a guy and a girl, the guy is playing an organ and the girl is singing.... also the scene in the video from what i can remember looks like phantom of the opera while he's playing the organ... but trust me, it's hype

Any ideas? . ....I think it might be by captain hollywood project...but not sure of the name.

Comment

Did anyone else do the Bogle dance in the clubs during the 1990s? Or was it just moi?

Comment

Originally posted by agfagaevart View Post
            Did anyone else do the Bogle dance in the clubs during the 1990s? Or was it just moi?
            I've yet to figure out what Bogling actually was. I did, however, have two main dance moves in the early 90s... If it had guitars, I would dance like Bez from the Happy Mondays. If it was techno or housey or hip-hop or something, I'd dance like MC Hammer. Believe it or not, I was actually pretty good at both of those...

no breakdancing, though... :-(
            Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

It was easy. Just bend your knees, and do a chopping motion with your arms. That's it!

Comment

It was easy. Just bend your knees, and do a chopping motion with your arms. That's it!
                Hmm...

Sounds terribly unfamiliar. Then again, I tended to stay away from the more 'townie' sort of nightclubs back then...

Comment

Early 90's rave dancing OMG, remember Bez in the happy mondays and ian brown in the stone roses! weird spaced out moves.
                  But The COOL Progidy who are back now with a vengence and have grown with the times...I watched their Out of Space video the other day, and the way they danced made me wet me pants
                  WATCH ......YouTube - Out of Space .Prodigy
                  "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

Originally posted by bun View Post
                    Early 90's rave dancing OMG, remember Bez in the happy mondays and ian brown in the stone roses! weird spaced out moves.
                    But The COOL Progidy who are back now with a vengence and have grown with the times...I watched their Out of Space video the other day, and the way they danced made me wet me pants
                    WATCH ......YouTube - Out of Space .Prodigy
                    Ha! I used to dance like that! Awesome!

Comment

Ha ha ha, that tickled me

Comment

Its carried on into the 00's. Las Ketchup.
                        "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I remember dancing to Saturday night in more than one night clubs - but the great thing was the WHOLE dancefloor was joining in - we looked silly but we all looked silly together...good times.

Comment

The Macarena... Every school disco for a few years... The horror... At least you weren't the only one that looked like a fool!
                            If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Dean View Post
                              Don't knock Whigfields "Saturday Night" !
                              I first heard the record played on the dance floor of a North Sea Ferry disco. My wife and I were so impressed by the tune we named our eldest cat after the singer! (he is more commonly known as Whiggy- just returned to us after a week of being missing - with a mangled paw after being caught in a gin trap in the vets opinion. Dean.

Indeed it was a brilliant song. This represented Dance Music at it's best for me in this era!, as too did group's like Haddoway as well.

Comment

hmm yes 90's dance music, so glad the chemical bros & progidy came along just in time to save real dance music!
                                "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

Working...
                                X