Zodiac Toy Shops

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Zodiac Toy Shops

My girls also loved Sindy & barbie - Still got them in the loft they won't get rid of them. My youngest daughter would have done anything for a pair of Barbie Shoes (silver) lol.

If I remember correctly Barbie & Sindy had different shaped feet so the shoes didn't fit both!

sigpic

Comment

My sister had Barbie, never Sindy, but I do recall Barbie being a good two inches taller than midget Sindy

Comment

Originally posted by ziksby View Post
        So it was you who bought all the stock, was it?
        More than likely ...Sindy was my first doll in that style. So my loyalty remains, Barbies such a copy cat!
        Heather

Comment

My girls used to argue over whose was who's.... In the end they used to pull the heads off so the dolls ended up loking like "Billy No Neck"
          sigpic

Comment

I think I bought my Roland Rat soft toy (which I still have) in Zodiac, and I seem to remember trumpet playing soldiers (or something like that) hanging from the celing with their legs moving.

Comment

great games, i have been watching ebay for many of them, i have recently got animal smackers and still after build a better burger, ( for not a sill price though )

want snugglebumms also, got any piccys of them?
              sigpic

Comment

Depends what your idea of a silly price is Bumble but one here on Ebay
                http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BUILD-A-BETTER...ayphotohosting
                Heather

Comment

yep that with postage is nearly £15, not worth it, i will keep looking,
                  sigpic

Comment

Not sure if this is anything to do with the toy shop, but this logo is from a 1987 jigsaw.

I also seem to remember "Zodiac Toys" being said in a robotic voice from somewhere - probably either an advert or an in-store announcement.

Comment

Hi David,

I left Zodiac in July 1986, but at the time I was in discussions with a leading design house for a new look for the Zodiac stores and logos. The new owners (Ward White plc) must have put some of the ideas into production as below you will see a mockup of the Portsmouth shopfront. The "ZODIAC" is identical to the one on the jigsaw.

Not sure whether this shopfront was ever installed in Portsmouth.
                      Everything passes and vanishes, everything leaves its trace,
                      Often you see in a footstep, what you could not see in a face.

Comment

The Computer Quze? for dyslexics??
                        Last edited by sixtyten; 08-04-2008, 10:07.

Comment

Daz,

With that logo on the box it must have been mid 70s ... probably before our buyer learned to spell.

Comment

Just thought i'd post on this as I spotted this site because of this topic and it has finally ended years of trying to access memories of my childhood to remember the name of the shop all this time and finally i know its zodiac, the worst torture is I now work exactly opposite where it was in the Doncaster frenchgate centre, sadly its now the upstairs of WHSMITH.
                            Have been on about zodiac all night at work and we have all been staring out of our shop window remembering it, Have been to your zodiac site and im very impressed thanks for this post if you should come across a picture of the shop front for the doncaster store id be very happy to see it, as i can still remember when Thundercats was all the rage and they had a promotional day with a guy dressed as Liono handing out Thundercats comics and talking to the kids in the store.
                            Thanks again for reviving the old memories.

Comment

What a massive prize
                              Heather

Comment

Daz,
                                I don't remember that particular competition, but we did occasionally have "trolley dashes" in our large stores .. actually not a trolley, but as much as a kid could grab and carry in a given time.

Where was that ad from?

Comment

Working...
                                X