Weird Dances!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird Dances!

Anyone remember (Sixties & seventies) going to parties with parents/grandparents and watching them doing:-

March of the Mods or
    The Gay Gordons

Then it was the Last Waltz with Englebert, (yawn) then lights up and time to go home!

(Early Line Dancing)
    sigpic

Re: Weird Dances!

remember the names, but not the dances

Talking of early line danciing, Did anyone else to the Jingo dance in discos in the mid 80's??

Comment

Originally posted by karenbrown18 View Post
      Anyone remember (Sixties & seventies) going to parties with parents/grandparents and watching them doing:-

March of the Mods or
      The Gay Gordons

Then it was the Last Waltz with Englebert, (yawn) then lights up and time to go home!

(Early Line Dancing)
      they do those on Balamory!!!!
      sigpic

Comment

I went to a Wedding in the 80's and the father of the bride dropped his cigar on the floor and started dancing on top of it, me and my brother thought it was so funny that everytime that we went out clubbing we would at some point of the night dance 'the Stogie Dance' like we were trying to stamp out a cigar.
        I've just bought a house. It's got a Buck Rogers Toilet. One yank, all gone!"

Comment

I remember when I was eight and attending a family wedding. I invented a dance that involved putting your right leg behind your left leg and then back, then putting your left leg behind your right leg then back, in time to the music.

I remember showing it to some family members only to have one slightly tipsy uncle shout out at the top of his voice that it was ****!

I was crushed!

Comment

Big fish, little fish, cardboard box

Daughter and her mates were doing this at weekend , they showed me what it's all about and now I can't stop laughing thinkin about ravers

Comment

I personally think the funniest dance is the one where you hold one of your ankles, so your standing on one leg and then with your free hand and your knee you kind of push forward.
              Very funny to watch - even funnier when your tipsy.
              sigpic

For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people

Comment

Lets not forget 'The lambeth walk'.

Comment

did anyone else have to endure 'ballroom dancing' at Xmas time in school (comprehensive)

Don't know if it was due to bad weather or what, but we always did it....boys one side of the gym, girls the other. Took it in turns to rush across and grab the best looking opposite...boys one dance, girls had pick the next dance etc

Also reminds me of another wet weather day game at comp ie when we had to all go in the gym... Logan's Run the teachers called it.....basically all the equipment was used , beams, bars, ropes, mats, pommel horse thing.

Really it was tiggy off-ground (did other people use that name too?)....1 boy & 1 girl simply had to run round the gym, using the equipment but staying off the floor, tigging (catching) everyone. Last one left untigged won!
                  So all the girls started as far way from the 'chasers' ie far end of the gym, huddled en masse, ie sooo easy to catch about twenty all at once, whereas the real smart **** lads were those who could climb all the way to the top of the ropes & thus avoid capture

Great days!

Dave
                  sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Logans Run/Tiggy was called Pirates at my school.

We used to play Murderball too, which was like a violent British Bulldog, with Medicine Balls..Ouch!

Comment

Originally posted by karenbrown18 View Post

March of the Mods or
                      The Gay Gordons

(Early Line Dancing)
                      haha! I remember this. That reminds me of the story from my older brother and sis, and cousins. In their early years, they go to the Bayle(that's what they called it here from the oldies people they only change that term in "Disco" when disco was started hit and we are modern now) My cousins say's they go there with my grandma haha! and they have to dance a ballroom coz if they're not, they should force with my grandma to go home early coz my grandma say's, if the lady who go to the "Bayle" and they don't want to dance ballroom with that ballroom music and run, that's ignorant!

My grandma would dance too! they danced ballroom called blue danube! haha! I don't know, but that was an old stuff! one step, 1 meter away from your partner! LOL!!!
                      Brings back the memories...

Comment

can remember jingo jingo hop ! and flinging my self in a line backwards and forwards - papas got a brand new pig bag was as demented !

Comment

Originally posted by cazzy View Post
                          can remember jingo jingo hop ! and flinging my self in a line backwards and forwards - papas got a brand new pig bag was as demented !
                          Haha! that forward and backward stepping is fun! LOL!!
                          Brings back the memories...

Comment

I was watching an old TOTP on tv not so long back, some of the gyrations are incredibly weird!!!! Nobody was even dancing the same movement. Those days, it was filmed in an old church hall in Manchester.

Comment

March of the mods and the twist along with the waltz were the first dances I learnt.

Later did ballroom, latin, country/scottish and recently jive and salsa with a bit of ballroom and latin again.

March of the bods was simple heel toe heel toe with right foot thenheel toe heel toe with the left foot jump forward jump back and go around the room then repeat.
                              One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Working...
                              X