Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which celebs live near you

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
    I never liked swimming either (cf the swimming thread on here).
    Well ... sadly Len Fairclough DID enjoy visiting the local baths .. that’s why he ended up in prison ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
      Well ... sadly Len Fairclough DID enjoy visiting the local baths .. that’s why he ended up in prison ..
      No wonder I had a phobia of going into the pool.
      I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
      There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
      I'm having so much fun
      My lucky number's one
      Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

Originally posted by George 1978 View Post
        No wonder I had a phobia of going into the pool.
        Our female PE teacher was married to our male PE teacher, they were both in their late 40s, i remember many times us girls would be getting changed in the girls locker room and the husband would knock on the door and without waiting for a reply he would walk straight in and go to his wife in her office. This would never be allowed now and it should never have happened then.

Comment

I could imagine PE teacher couples jogging everywhere and training for the London Marathon - I bet that lots of teacher couples teach the same subjects although not at the same school together, and I also bet that they also talk "shop" all the time when they are at the dinner table at home together.
          I've everything I need to keep me satisfied
          There's nothing you can do to make me change my mind
          I'm having so much fun
          My lucky number's one
          Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!

Comment

For awhile Harry and Meghan, and then just Meghan, were nearby, but sadly so were a load of reporters from all corners!

Elvis Costello used to get spotted in records shops, sometimes with Diana Krall, but that was awhile ago. We do get a lot of musicians passing through, and sometimes actors like Ian McKellan or David Tennant on location. Had some Corrie actors come out here a few times, saw Roy & Hayley on a bench from a distance once, and enjoyed a local radio interview with Sue Nicholls as she's done so many different things. Oh, and the actress that was a Patrick Troughton Doctor Who 'companion' way back was thought disappeared for years when really she was on a small island over here. Anneke Wills. Unfortunately so many of the Whos she was in were wiped, but there was also the Strange Report and a turn on an early Avengers.

Some U.S. actors used to spend months here... Bob Hope was one, Alan Hale Jr., the Skipper on Gilligan's Island, was another, and Walt Disney and family used to do some sailing in these waters like them while he was alive.
            My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

wots the point of all that if you dont tell us exactly where you are ?

Comment

Originally posted by beccabear67 View Post
                For awhile Harry and Meghan, and then just Meghan, were nearby, but sadly so were a load of reporters from all corners!

Elvis Costello used to get spotted in records shops, sometimes with Diana Krall, but that was awhile ago. We do get a lot of musicians passing through, and sometimes actors like Ian McKellan or David Tennant on location. Had some Corrie actors come out here a few times, saw Roy & Hayley on a bench from a distance once, and enjoyed a local radio interview with Sue Nicholls as she's done so many different things. Oh, and the actress that was a Patrick Troughton Doctor Who 'companion' way back was thought disappeared for years when really she was on a small island over here. Anneke Wills. Unfortunately so many of the Whos she was in were wiped, but there was also the Strange Report and a turn on an early Avengers.

Some U.S. actors used to spend months here... Bob Hope was one, Alan Hale Jr., the Skipper on Gilligan's Island, was another, and Walt Disney and family used to do some sailing in these waters like them while he was alive.
                Florida ?

Comment

Slight tangent but I read somewhere but the actor who plays the old guy who used to run the cafe lives in sunny Spain and constantly travels here to film ... his contract stipulates that he’s not allowed to get a tan ... obviously

Comment

AKA Harry and Meghan's secret.
                    My virtual jigsaws: https://www.jigsawplanet.com/beccabear67/Original-photo-puzzles

Comment

Working...
                    X