Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which celebs live near you

I saw Nick Faldo in the Bella Pais (sp?) bar, near Sutton Coldfield in 1988

yeh those houses are HUGE! a mate of mine at the time lived in one of those that backs onto the lake itself...his dad was top brass at West Midlands buses
    Last edited by rossobantam; 17-05-2008, 01:44.
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Apparently Connie Beacham from Holby City lives up the road too.

Comment

are nt there going to be celeb hot spots ?
        I would think that the Thames valley...
        areas like Henley , Maidenhead, ie areas to the
        west of London. Does nt Micheal Caine live somewhere up there
        in a Thameside house... Paul Daniels too.

Or SW of London... eg Weybridge in Surrey
        where John Lennon and Ringo ended up in the 60s

But yes Brighton seems a hotspot with Zoe Ball living there ... even Paul Mac for a time... and Patsy Palmer is still living there
        Dora Bryan ran a hotel in Brighton at one time and they filmed part of
        a Carry on movie in her hotel
        Lawrence Olivier lived there for a while..
        But Brighton was originally made fashionable by the Prince Regent
        in the late 18th cent. He eventually reigned as King George 4th.
        Brighton is popular because its on the coast, yet its within commuting distance of London.... lets face it... London is still where all the action is.
        Last edited by silverbirch; 31-01-2009, 16:34.

Comment

Originally posted by silverbirch View Post
          ..... lets face it... London is still where all the action is.
          Exactly why I hate it so much Apart from the sights/museums, I hate stepping off the train at King's Cross. I think its the sheer frenetic pace, massed crowds, and the 'coldness' of the place....blimey I sound like Crocodile Dundee on arriving in the USA; saying hi & catch you later to all he saw!
          sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I used to live next door but one to Mick Abrahams from Jethro Tull. My only sad claim to fame!
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by jessi View Post
              I have a whole list...have to have a think about it...but if the celebs live within a 10 mile radius of you, then for this thread we'll include them.
              OK, I've got Vic Reeves and his wife Nancy, Julian Clary, the body language expert from Trisha, Razor Ruddock was born here as was Kate Bush. Wow, it's D-List central in Ashford these days people!!!:cry:
              "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                OK, I've got Vic Reeves and his wife Nancy, Julian Clary, the body language expert from Trisha, Razor Ruddock was born here as was Kate Bush. Wow, it's D-List central in Ashford these days people!!!:cry:
                I'd move if I were you!

Comment

Originally posted by Elbmek View Post
                  I'd move if I were you!
                  LOL! There was a wicked whisper a few months back that Gary Glitter was renting a house here. I asked a local rozzer and he said it was the first he'd heard... hope he's not - I'd hate to have to polish my Blunderbuss...

Oh Paul O'Grady lives here too... it's turning into Brighton...
                  "...And that's what I've done. Maintained it for 20 years. This old brooms had 17 new heads and 14 new handles in its time."
                  sigpic

Comment

Jim Bowen

Oh and Gary Barlow lives not far away

Comment

Gene Alexander better know as Hilda Ogden
                      Kenneth Cope from Randal and Hopkirk deceased and Carry on films

Comment

The Osbornes house in england is supposedly in my old town (chalfont st peter, Bucks).
                        and sting (or paul mccartney, cant remember which) got married in the church there.

Goldie Hawn has a summer cottage about 2hrs away from me right now if that counts.

Comment

and I dont know if you guys got the show Degrassi Junior High over there, but i lived a block away from Degrassi Street, and used to shop in the drug store where they always went to buy condoms.
                          and if you know who Sarah Polley is, I worked with her brother, he is a lawyer and rides a motorcycle and is totally hot!!!

Comment

Deep in the Surrey commuter belt, around Weybridge/ Woking, we have/ have had:
                            Eric Sykes (Weybridge)
                            Michael Aspel (Walton)
                            The Jam (Woking)
                            3/4 of the Beatles (Macca preferred Islington apparently, and why not)
                            Sham 69 (Hersham)
                            Cliff Richard (Weybridge, until he buggered off to Portugal, not for tax reasons, obviously, but to produce dodgy plonk)
                            Many "stars" of the despicable Chelsea (their training ground in Cobham is a stone's throw away, and I wouldn't mind throwing that stone)
                            Chris Tarrant (Esher)
                            that's about it off the top of my head, but sometimes you can't walk 100 yards without bumping into a C lister.

Comment

Originally posted by curmudgeon View Post
                              Deep in the Surrey commuter belt, around Weybridge/ Woking, we have/ have had:
                              Eric Sykes (Weybridge)
                              Michael Aspel (Walton)
                              The Jam (Woking)
                              3/4 of the Beatles (Macca preferred Islington apparently, and why not)
                              Sham 69 (Hersham)
                              Cliff Richard (Weybridge, until he buggered off to Portugal, not for tax reasons, obviously, but to produce dodgy plonk)
                              Many "stars" of the despicable Chelsea (their training ground in Cobham is a stone's throw away, and I wouldn't mind throwing that stone)
                              Chris Tarrant (Esher)
                              that's about it off the top of my head, but sometimes you can't walk 100 yards without bumping into a C lister.
                              My Cousin lived in Hammersmith for a few years (though Barons Court was the nearist Tube, & we passed Fulham Broadway station when going to the local Wetherspoons), & spotted a few minor celebs in pubs when there.
                              The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Bonnie Tyler
                                Catherine Zeta Jones when she comes home to visit her family

Comment

Working...
                                X