Which celebs live near you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which celebs live near you

I live in West London so I see way too many to name, mostly when I'm in Richmond, Twickenham, Chiswick and Hammersmith.
    In the early 70's my Mum and Dad owned a chip shop in Richmond and there was always famous people coming in, like Ollie Reed and Tommy Steele.
    Later in the 70's still in Richmond, Pete Townshend's daughter Aminta was in my brother's class 2 years below me at primary school.

Comment

Originally posted by curmudgeon View Post
      Deep in the Surrey commuter belt, around Weybridge/ Woking, we have/ have had:
      Eric Sykes (Weybridge)
      Michael Aspel (Walton)
      The Jam (Woking)
      3/4 of the Beatles (Macca preferred Islington apparently, and why not)
      Sham 69 (Hersham)
      Cliff Richard (Weybridge, until he buggered off to Portugal, not for tax reasons, obviously, but to produce dodgy plonk)
      Many "stars" of the despicable Chelsea (their training ground in Cobham is a stone's throw away, and I wouldn't mind throwing that stone)
      Chris Tarrant (Esher)
      that's about it off the top of my head, but sometimes you can't walk 100 yards without bumping into a C lister.
      I can add to the above:
      Frank Finlay (Shepperton)
      Edward Woodward (Shepperton) until recently
      Kelvin Mackenzie (Weybridge)
      Peter Gordino (Weybridge) until his recent death
      Alan Pascoe (Sunbury)
      Peter Davison (Shepperton)

Comment

I knew BBC Weatherman Chris Fawkes (mostly daytime & World Service) when I was young, I went round to his house a few times. I think his parents still live there.

Bridget Forsyth - Saw her riding a bike between Mellor & Glossop

David Beckham - Had a house in Strines

I never saw him, but John Thaw's Dad lived in Marple & he would often visit.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Martin shaw

steven fry

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
            LOL! There was a wicked whisper a few months back that Gary Glitter was renting a house here. I asked a local rozzer and he said it was the first he'd heard... hope he's not - I'd hate to have to polish my Blunderbuss...

Oh Paul O'Grady lives here too... it's turning into Brighton...
            Just down the road from you at Ashford at Woodchurch lives the delectable Jan Francis. Still, you might not see her in Ashford come to think of it - rumour has it she does her shopping at Tenterden!

Comment

Originally posted by britishbaby View Post
              and I dont know if you guys got the show Degrassi Junior High over there, but i lived a block away from Degrassi Street, and used to shop in the drug store where they always went to buy condoms.
              and if you know who Sarah Polley is, I worked with her brother, he is a lawyer and rides a motorcycle and is totally hot!!!
              You must be from Canada are you? I'm from Ireland. I used to watch 'Degrassi Junior High' in the early 90's. I loved it. I was pregnant the same time as Spike.
              I live near where the Corr's are from. Their dad still lives there. There are always flashy cars outside. Sharon (the violinist) and me were playmates when we were little.

Comment

I've just found out that the comedy actress, presenter and panel game regular, Sue Perkins lives in my home town of Penzance. It would explain why I saw her on the Penzance to Paddington train a few months ago. I do the journey two or three times a year but I imagine she does is it a great deal more often. She must love West Cornwall very much.

Comment

Josie Lawrence, Julie Walters (went to the same school as me too but she left before I got there), Frank Skinner are all from where I am. Colin Buchanan (Pascoe in Dalziel & Pascoe) lives nearby now.
                  "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

Originally posted by Teejay View Post
                    LOL! There was a wicked whisper a few months back that Gary Glitter was renting a house here. I asked a local rozzer and he said it was the first he'd heard... hope he's not - I'd hate to have to polish my Blunderbuss...

Oh Paul O'Grady lives here too... it's turning into Brighton...
                    I'm just down the road near Folkestone. There was a piece in the paper that reported that Gary Glitter had been seen drinking in a Hythe pub, but it turned out to be an innocent man who just looked like him.

I once saw Bob Mortimer in an Ashford supermarket. Don't forget that Sir Robert Geldof lives a few miles away in Faversham, and Barry off of 'Eastenders' (Shaun Williamson) lives somewhere round there too.

Vic Reeves lives in Charing, which is my old neck of the woods.
                    Last edited by Austin Maxi; 21-08-2010, 14:17.
                    "We're the Sweeney son, and we haven't had any dinner!"

Comment

Originally posted by britishbaby View Post
                      and I dont know if you guys got the show Degrassi Junior High over there, but i lived a block away from Degrassi Street, and used to shop in the drug store where they always went to buy condoms.
                      and if you know who Sarah Polley is, I worked with her brother, he is a lawyer and rides a motorcycle and is totally hot!!!
                      In the U.K. we got both 'The Kids Of Degrassi Street' and 'Degrassi Junior High'. I remember watching the first of these more than the second.

Comment

Use to live near Windsor Davies in Surrey and my older brother use to hang round with his daughter, also Harry Secombe use to live in the same town in Surrey as me at the time.

Comment

Celebs who live (& used to live) nearby:
                          Paul McCartney
                          Paul Merson
                          Spike Milligan (r.i.p)
                          Rod Hull & Emu (r.i.p)
                          Don Estelle from It Ain't Half Hot Mum (r.i.p)
                          Neil Ruddock (ex Liverpool)
                          Des Llewellyn (Q in James Bond, r.i.p)
                          Kelly "Lady in Red" le Brock's mother; I used to do some work for someone who was best friends with her. A friend of mine knows someone who bumped into Steven Seagal (who was married to Kelly le Brock at the time) locally!

Comment

One of JLS comes from my nearby town. Ernie Wise also lived in the town many moons ago. Wolfie (darts player) stills lives at the end of the street where I used to live (I moved a few miles away a couple of years ago) My friend used to pack parachutes with Showaddywaddy's drummer's brother and another friend of mine used to train Lester Pigotts horses. Oh & I nearly forgot another friend does the hair of the wife of the bloke that used to be in Corrie & Hycinth Bucket - can't for the life of me think of his name; chubby chap I think he plays Hycinths sisters husband. In Corrie I think he was a friend or lodger of Hilda & Stan - just had a thought, think his name might be Eddie Yates. Oh and I heard a few years back that a girl I went to school with married the 'Chase me' catch phrase bloke - can't remember his name either - must be my age!!
                            Last edited by The Low Country; 26-09-2010, 20:23. Reason: spelling

Comment

not many near me at the moment, last one i heard of going into a pub i often frequent was kevin kennedy, the soap actor
                              but i have lived in several areas with a sprinkling of slebs such as

james mason
                              gordon kaye
                              sean bean
                              justin hawkins

i also lived next door to willie rushtons son and i met him when he used to visit his grandkids, and i used to go to raves n acid house pareties with the lad who was compo's stunt double on last of the summer wine.

Comment

Originally posted by The Low Country View Post
                                Oh & I nearly forgot another friend does the hair of the wife of the bloke that used to be in Corrie & Hycinth Bucket - can't for the life of me think of his name; chubby chap I think he plays Hycinths sisters husband. In Corrie I think he was a friend or lodger of Hilda & Stan - just had a thought, think his name might be Eddie Yates. Oh and I heard a few years back that a girl I went to school with married the 'Chase me' catch phrase bloke - can't remember his name either - must be my age!!
                                I think I can help out here. Geoffrey Hughes is the actor who played Eddie Yeats and Onslow in 'Keeping Up Appearances'.

The 'Chase Me' bloke was Duncan Norvelle.

Comment

Working...
                                X