Which celebs live near you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which celebs live near you

John Virgo used to live 2 streets away from me when i was a kid.

There's a Sainsburys not far from Granada studios where numerous Corrie stars have been found over the years.

Manchester City centre always seems to have a few celebs knocking about. Saw Helen Flanagan (Rosie Webster) in M & S once and it doesn't come across on tv but she has the most gorgeous coloured eyes.

A less well known one is Adrian Morley (English rugby league international) who goes to mass at the same church as the wife.
    "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

I've never lived by anyone famous but my Auntie lived two doors away from the actress who played Hilda Ogden in Corrie. She always used to carry signed photos to give to people who approached her, she's very posh in real life.

My Dad also rented a place near where Julie Walters lived at one time, she was lovely and used to give him a hug whenever she saw him. She always remembered his name too, nice lady

Comment

Len Fairclough (Peter Adamson) used to drink in our local 'The Golden Eagle' in Lincoln for years until he died in 2002.

Also actor Colin McFarlane (Fast Show etc...) lived near my high school in Lincoln, and was a very friendly chap!

I'm sure there are loads of others, if I thought about it?

Comment

John Parrott the Snooker player
          Derek Acorah (I know...you did say celebrity)
          The guy who played David in Heartbeat...David Lonsdale
          Kenny Dalglish

Comment

Originally posted by Roz View Post
            I've never lived by anyone famous but my Auntie lived two doors away from the actress who played Hilda Ogden in Corrie. She always used to carry signed photos to give to people who approached her, she's very posh in real life.

My Dad also rented a place near where Julie Walters lived at one time, she was lovely and used to give him a hug whenever she saw him. She always remembered his name too, nice lady
            I sold a vacuum cleaner to Jean Alexander (Hilda from Coronation Street)

Comment

Just saw Stephen Beckett (Corrie/The Bill) & wife Anna Brecon (Emmerdale). Live in next road to me

Comment

Originally posted by lifestyle2011 View Post
                I sold a vacuum cleaner to Jean Alexander
                That would make a great book title

Nobody famous lives near me. Nobody famous lives ooop North. Robson Green lived in an estate nearby before he got famous (saw him a few times in Morrisons) and I've seen Billy Fane (bloke out of Byker Grove with the big tash) around the doors. That's as good as it gets.
                1976 Vintage

Comment

Does this count not sure.
                  But gloria hunniford was born in my home town of portadown.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

The last house I owned in England was previously owned by John Regis (the Olympic athlete) and his wife Jennifer Stoute (Rebel from 'Gladiators' - who was also in the movie 'Gladiator' and herself an Olympic athlete). They moved just a street away and were very pleasant and nice neighbours. I now live in a suburb of North Dallas - the street is named after one of the town's previous residents - wait for it - Vanilla Ice.

I kid you not.
                    Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                    Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                    While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                    Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                    -Kingsley Amis

Comment

Originally posted by Sculpher View Post
                      The last house I owned in England was previously owned by John Regis (the Olympic athlete) and his wife Jennifer Stoute (Rebel from 'Gladiators' - who was also in the movie 'Gladiator' and herself an Olympic athlete). They moved just a street away and were very pleasant and nice neighbours. I now live in a suburb of North Dallas - the street is named after one of the town's previous residents - wait for it - Vanilla Ice.

I kid you not.
                      ill bet it was big house and very well decorated mate.
                      john always struck me as being very nice.
                      FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                        ill bet it was big house and very well decorated mate.
                        john always struck me as being very nice.
                        It was a fair sized house - but on 3+ levels - and with Jennifer pregnant (at the time) they needed something a little more 'fall-friendly'! It was beautifully decorated. Both John and Jenn are lovely, gentle people. A real pleasure to know them.
                        Their light of pocket torch, of signal flare,
                        Licks at the edge of unsuspected places,
                        While others scan, under an arc-lamp's glare,
                        Nursery, kitchen sink, or their own faces.
                        -Kingsley Amis

Comment

I live in Malvern in Worcestershire- Nigel Kennedy used to live here and his ex-wife had a house a few doors down from me, but both are now long gone from the area. I met him a few times, he's actually very shy and self-effacing.
                          Nobody else who's currently famous actually lives IN Malvern, though there are a few living in outlying villages in about a 10-mile radius. Robert Plant from Led Zeppelin, and also Stella McCartney has a house about five miles away (though she's barely ever there, I think it's an investment property). Gardener Monty Don lives near Ledbury, the other side of the Malvern Hills. There are also a couple of the presenters from BBC Midlands Today who live near here, though nobody outside of the Midlands area will have heard of them apart possibly from Suzanne Virdee, who's done the national news a few times.

There have been several mega-famous residents back in the past though- composer Sir Edward Elgar spent most of his life here, also J.R.R.Tolkien lived here for a bit. C.S.Lewis and Jeremy Paxman both went to school at Malvern College, and hated it. Also the illustrator for Rupert Bear lived here- the Western view from the hills inspired his endpapers in the Rupert annuals!!

Comment

Griff Rhys Jones lives a few miles upriver from me. I'm in Shotley, between the Stour and Orwell estuaries, and Griff is a patron of the Stour & Orwell Society, which was set up to protect the area.

Comment

If I was a celeb I d head up river to places like Windsor .... does nt rod stuart live there and Jimmy Page ?
                              or Henley where Carol T Pau lives

Comment

Originally posted by silverbirch View Post
                                If I was a celeb I d head up river to places like Windsor .... does nt rod stuart live there and Jimmy Page ?
                                or Henley where Carol T Pau lives
                                Seem to remember Jimmy page lives next door to Robbie williams?...not sure where but wasn't he trying to prevent williams from building a basement extension ?
                                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Working...
                                X