That disabled girl called Alison..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That disabled girl called Alison..

Back in eighties there was this girl who had some kind of birth defect , she ended up marrying a vicar on some documentary about her, this gave her the old fifteen minutes of fame and she had a few months as a host on saturday morning telly.
    I remember her having trouble keeping her head still while she asked Jason Donovan about his newly launched singing career as he'd just left Neighbours

I know she was called Alison but that's the total of my recollections, anyone else remember her ?

Re: That disabled girl called Alison..

Hi Danny,

I remember watching this as well. She was called Alison French and she first appeared on 40 Minutes in 1988.

", Alison: The original 1988 documentary film about Alison French, a young woman with cerebral palsy, is followed by an update showing what happened to her next."

Timewatch did a follow up in the 90's:

http://ftvdb.bfi.org.uk/sift/title/581442?view=synopsis

Cheers,

Mark
    You know you're getting old when Dr. Who starts looking young!

Comment

Cheers for this my friend,

had started convincing myself I lived in a parallel universe with different channels to everyone else

Wonder how she's getting on nowadays ? - - -as I recall she had very outspoken views on sex and morality so that's prob why she ended up as the vicars wife

Comment

Alison is now called Ally John, and she's still working tirelessly on behalf of the disabled at Alison John & associates.

Here is a link to her website

About Us - Biographies of Alison John Associates

Comment

Hi there

cheers for update , I thought she had just walked off into obscurity

Comment

Working...
          X