a film spoiled by Concorde

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• a film spoiled by Concorde

Many moons ago was sitting with rest of family all squeezed onto the sofa (Dad was in the 'get off , thats my seat' armchair)
    We were watching this film about fishermen in arctic or Hudson Bay or whatever.
    Anyway, there were two sets of fishermen , good guys in their six or so boats led by a clean cut hero, bad guys by smirking gap toothed villain.

Lot of rivalry between the two teams, over catching grounds , the ladies ashore etc.
    At one point they needed to ice up their catches so could continue fishing so off they all steam to some icebergs, the bad guys get there first , look up at ice cliffs and do a lot of shouting, ice falls down in sheets and they scoop it into their holds.

As they leave the bergs , the good team arrives, instead of shouting the hero calls for silence and begins to sing ,camera zoooms in on trembling ice as he goes for the high note and his crewmen watch in suspense.

Then the film was interrupted by going live to see Concorde on it's test flight , 45 mins of crackly images of a black speck whizzing about in the air , when it went back to normal service it was time for football results .
    Any ideas what the film was ?

I know it was NOT Captains Courageous cos have seen both versions of that

Re: a film spoiled by Concorde

Have you got no ideas of actors etc., or any more info on the film.... gonna be a toughie!!
    sigpic

Comment

Re: a film spoiled by Concorde

Nah, sorry

It was like 38 years ago and I wasn't into who played who in films

I just remember feeling vexed cos I never knew what happened in the film

Comment

Working...
      X