Old Songs!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old Songs!!

Why is it that as you get older songs improve!!

I can remember hearing songs as a kid re:- Englebert & Tom Jones - I always find myself singing along to them!!

Is it an age thing??
    sigpic

Re: Old Songs!!

Thing is, it's music you heard around the home and it sinks in subliminally - you don't even realise you knew the words till you find yourself singing along tweny years later
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

It's when I start singing "Kiss me Honey Honey Kiss me "(Shirley Bassey) that I get funny looks.

One of mum's favs!!
      sigpic

Comment

:d :d

Comment

Originally posted by karenbrown18 View Post
          I can remember hearing songs as a kid re:- Englebert & Tom Jones - I always find myself singing along to them!!
          Imagine what its like when I sing along to them!!! x x
          sigpic

Comment

My mum's favourite was Blow the Wind Southerly sung by Katherine Ferrier
            No, I NEVER find myself singing it - and I don't know the words

Comment

i think so, ive started listening to radio cornwall while im building my model railway late at night, "can you play glenn miller for my wifes 87 birthday please" is the sort of thing, dont know if im enjoying it or not
              "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I'm currently playing 'Fallout3' on Xbox360 (fantastic game!) and the background radio music is from the likes of the Andrews Sisters, and The Inkspots eg "I don't want to set the world on fire", and "Bongo Bongo Bongo" etc etc

Have to say they're GREAT songs
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

You need to ask yourself do you get more odd looks singing along to the oldies or if you join in with the modern chart toppers.
                  One mans trash is another mans treasure !

Comment

Enjoy searching out some very obscure French pop-songs from way back......
                    such as this great track from Victoire Scott "Abigael"....

Cheers
                    Sgt S

Comment

I find that myself. I not only find myself liking songs I never liked in my youth but actually downloading them to YouTube or ITunes.

A recent example is 'Howzat' by Sherbet. I never liked it until recently when for some reason it became my 'earworm' for the day. Like Kylie before me, I couldn't get it out of my head so I accessed it on YouTube and listened to get it out of my system. And I actually enjoyed it!
                      The best Government is that which governs least - Thoreau.

Comment

Working...
                      X