First "Grown-up" Drink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First "Grown-up" Drink

If my mother is to be believed then my first grown up drink was her hardly touched glasses of vodka and orange juice at her 21st Birthday party. I was 2yrs old at the time and she reckons I slept for 48hours afterwards.
    My first real pub drink...... ahhh cringe!......Lager and Blackcurrant! ... in the John o' Gaunt pub in Skerton at the grand age of 13.
    My palate is far more refined now and I do prefer a nice cabernet or a shiraz.
    Only just been able to drink cider again after a 20+ years abstinence following a rather unfortunate New Year in my teens which resulted in me puking over my entire bedroom and getting a thrashing off my step-dad for being drunk.
    sigpic
    Mrs Oggy
    ~~~*~~~*~~~
    Count your friends amongst the stars....
    And your enemies on the fingers of one foot!

Comment

my parents used to allow me a couple of babyshams every saturday night when i was 13. I started drinking at 18 and my tipple was cider & black . These days i prefer a glass of wine or a vodka & orange

Comment

I had my first ever legal can of lager on my eighteenth birthday and celebrated by making my way over to the local off licence (now shut and has been for ages after the latest new owners moved out without warning but I didn't really like what they'd done to the shop anyway). I think it was a can of Harp I tried to buy but the Indian bloke refused a sale. He appologised later and let me have it but I can't fault him for obeying the law can I?
        WELCOME TO HELL!!!

Comment

I used to try the odd bit of my parents' wine when I was young - but the first drinks I bought for myself (around 16-ish) were bottles of Castaway (and *lethal* Blastaways, topped up with cider in a pint glass), vodka and orange, and Archers and lemonade Ahh the memories of underage drinking!

Comment

Bottles of shandy at the local sports and social club..It was in a brown bottle with a pink background & yellow writing on..Can't remember the brand name, but would love to see it again.

Comment

RSVP sherry when I was 15 ... needless to say I haven't been near the stuff since. Now beer and red wine (not mixed).

Comment

Bacardi was my first alcoholic drink.When we were in secondary school,one of the guys i hung out with was reasonably rich,due to his parents owning a small shop.He use to get £5 - £10.00 pocket money a week,and extras during the week.He managed to get a load of lager and a bottle of bacardi one cold winters night,so we all went to a local park and drank it all.Boy it was fun!

Comment

First alcohol - dipping my dummy in my dad's pint.
                  First 'proper' drink - Babycham at Christmas.
                  First pub drink - half of lager.
                  1976 Vintage

Comment

As much as I remember the TopDeck Shandy and Limeade & larger in my early/mid teens. I have to confess the earliest drink I remember is Babycham around the age of 7/8. I'll blame my older brother for this one, obviously a bad infuence, it was at christmas (a couple of days before) my brother & I snuck into the 'best' room where the christmas tree and cupboard with the drinks in were and had this brainwave to knock the tops off a few babychams, nick a couple of round hollow chocolates off the tree then bite the top off them and then used them as glasses!!! Chocolate and Babycham was nice at the time - well until Mum caught us. Need I say more, christmas was nearly cancelled that year!

Comment

i remember at an age of 6ish sneaking a wee nip of my nans cherry brandy from her cabinet

Comment

Working...
                      X