Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First "Grown-up" Drink

Originally posted by Caz View Post
    My dad made dozens of bottles of this ginger wine stuff every Xmas, it was called yulade (sp?) and we had to drink bucket loads of the stuff. He still makes it now!
    My parents used to make that every winter too, drank gallons of the stuff.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

The absolutely foul concoction known as Thunderbird wine. Came in two varieties, red label and blue label. Red was stronger, but both made you sick pretty quickly. They were like drinking pure sugar laced with fermented pears.

Comment

Newcastle Brown Ale at junior school disco - two bottles and I found myself wobbling about and talking stupid - not much changed since then LOL !

Comment

I was another Babycham girl. Used to get given a glass on holidays in the days when pubs had a family beer garden. Made me feel very grown-up and sophisticated

Comment

12 yrs old, erm cant really remember cause i was pished LOL
            remember spewing all over myself after being sent to bed
            it was new years 1982 and i'd made two concoctions of everything
            that was on offer for me and my mate, He chickened out, so i drank
            his too "more fool me" i have vague memories of falling onto a glass
            cabinet, ppl laughing, "probably at the state i was in" and a very angry
            mother screaming at me to go to my bed......never did that again
            DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Snowball (more lemonade than advocaat though) or very small glass (thimble like) of Cherry B from my mums bottle.
              "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

home brew lager....still gives me that retro feeling....

Comment

Gin and tonic with a chaser of tomato juice and chili sauce with burnt salt and vinegar crisps to dip in
                  "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

Champagne at New Year's when I was about 9. Later, though, my sisters would throw big parties at our flat, and we had a massive breakfast bar that went from the kitchen to the living room. So when people came in, they'd put their booze in the kitchen and me and a mate would be bartenders for the night. My sisters would ply us with all sorts of stuff... Snowballs, screwdrivers, Malibu and pineapple... They'd show us how to make them, then we had to do a taste test. Those were some fun parties. I think I was about 13 when they started.
                    Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                      Shandy Bass

Just for you Mike

sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Port and lemon, Cherry B and Pony.
                        sigpic
                        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Alchopops were around by the time I started drinking. I switched quickly to cider & have mostly stuck with it. I'm not too keen on the taste of beer & wine, but can manage spirits topped up with fizzy drinks just fine.
                          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I started drinking bottles of Gold Label Barley Wine when I was about 14 or 15 with my mate in the school yard. Still like the stuff now, although it has been diluted since 1983.

Also loved to drink Stones Bitter which I still do now, and the Carling Black Label in the red and black cans.

Hey and cans were cans then, very difficult to crush - not the thin aliminium stuff they use these days.
                            Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

Advocat and lemonade, and since i stopped drinking 5 years ago, i can quite honestly say, its the only drink i would like to taste again, but im not going too.

Col

Comment

The first drink I had when I actually got drunk was on new years eve at my friends house in either '88 or '89, it was Compass larger and lime, cider, and Pernod.
                                My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

Working...
                                X