June 1978

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• June 1978

I remember a local club had a party on that night , they did a countdown the same as for New Year but to 12.34

that was cos it was then 12.34 5/6/78

Re: June 1978

Surely it was 00.34 LOL
    Heather

Comment

We said so at the time but the club didn't think it would get many punters at lunchtime ( this was in seventies so licensed hours would have been last orders at 3 anyway)

Any excuse for a booze up

Comment

Say no more I can relate to that one
        Heather

Comment

Looking back at this post and thinking back to that much simpler time - who used 24 hour clock anyways back then ?

12.34 was either in the morning or night time - 00.34 was still a bit of a strange concept cos digital watches hadn't long been out!

My wach at the time was for my 18th and lasted me into mid-twenties

Comment

On Friday,August 7,2009 (Yes today in 3/4 of an hour!) at 12:34:and 56 seconds -digital clocks will read 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9

Comment

What an anti-climax that was!!!!
              lots of internet theories said "the end was nigh " , "you're doomed etc"

I sat staring at the time on my mobile and then the big moment came and went with nothing observable happening .

Unless I'm now existing in an afterlife that's a parallel to my flesh and blood life? ( Sob, whimper, not this for eternity? ) NOOOOOOOOO !

Comment

Working...
              X