X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who were the actresses in these ads?

1. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRrfliKd7b8

Who played the part of Sharon??

2. I haven't got a bit of film for this but does anybody recall an ad for a pipe tobacco in the late 1970's which was very high profile one year? Ads on the TV, billboards all over the place.. Very dolly model/actress who had to sign some unusual contract saying she wouldn't be seen with fellers in restaurants, not allowed to be seen drinking in public and other weird stipulations while the ad campaign was ongoing? I think she eventually upped and went to live in France and married a millionaire.May have been St Bruno but I am NOT thinking of Sandra Dickinson which was in the early 70's.

3. Chambourcy ad from 1987. A French looking girl who would only reply "Non" to any question she was asked about fromage frais? Who was she?

4.Horlicks ad from 1995/6. Woman making a huge bed and making a mess of it. Eventually she shouts HORLICKS! at the screen as an expletive. Who was the actress? She was also in a Halifax Property Services ad in 1989 selling a house to Cindy O'Callaghan and a Shout (stain remover) ad in 1990. Short dark hair.

5. Who played the wife in those awful Piat D'Or ads from the 80's??

Re: Who were the actresses in these ads?

Was the girl in the beef advert Corinne Russell?

Comment

Hmm...thanks for your thought, JoJo, but as a lifelong fan of Corinne I 'm pretty sure it isn't her.

Comment

Re number 2: The St Bruno Girl.
        Are you thinking of Sulina Judd? She was blonde too and looked like Sandra Dickinson but the voice wasn't squeaky though. She played the sultry sexy role rather than the dumb blond. She went on to be the hostess on Mr and Mrs. Circa 1975. She lived in Fulham as was under contract with the company where one of the stipulations was I seem to remember never being seen drinking in public. She was always a favourite of mine, I blagged my way into Kensington Olympia trade show when I was 15 years old and got to meet her. She was a very nice person and made my day.
        Anyway, I think that is the person you are thinking of.

Comment

Memory, thanks VERY much for replying.

The trouble is I can find no evidence on the www of a Sulina Judd or Selina Judd (in case it was a typo) and I wonder if you've got the name right. After going round the houses and factoring in Mr & Mrs the closest I could get was Sue Cuff (Miss UK in 1975) who was on the programme and has a short 4 letter surname.. It certainly sounds as though you are thinking of the same actress if she did pipe tobacco ads but....the name??

Comment

Hi There,
            Found a small mention of her TV TIMES DEC 17-23 1977
            http://www.tilleysvintagemagazines.com/source/product_data.php?prodid=1128&gallery=TV%20TIMES&pa ge_num=1&menuchoice=MAGAZINES
            (No picture shown though) Radio Times "Sulina Judd - 3 colour photos showing Sulina modelling various outfits". So the name is spelt correctly - but pre www days.

Comment

Originally posted by Memorylane View Post
              Hi There,
              http://www.tilleysvintagemagazines.com/source/product_data.php?prodid=1128&gallery=TV%20TIMES&pa ge_num=1&menuchoice=MAGAZINES
              (No picture shown though) Radio Times "Sulina Judd - 3 colour photos showing Sulina modelling various outfits". So the name is spelt correctly - but pre www days.
              Thanks, Memory, I will have a go at getting that TV Times tomorrrow!!

And I'm sorry for not believing your spelling!

Comment

Hi There,
                ps great link/site that.....thanks

Dave
                sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Hi There,
                  Memory, I now have the relevant TV Times and you're absolutely correct! Your Sulina Judd is indeed the fabulous actress/model I recall from the St Bruno ads and Mr and Mrs! The article in the magazine confirms all that!

Comment

Sulina, originally Sue, is my cousin and hailed from south london. She married into the Piat d'or family and is currently living in France. I remember as a boy being proud to have a relative on the tv. The St Bruno advert had the line 'show me a man with St Bruno in his pipe and I will show him my magnanimous approbation'. I don't think I would ever have remembered that if I hadn't been so interested in the advert!

Comment

Originally posted by jonny View Post
                      Sulina, originally Sue, is my cousin and hailed from south london. She married into the Piat d'or family and is currently living in France. I remember as a boy being proud to have a relative on the tv. The St Bruno advert had the line 'show me a man with St Bruno in his pipe and I will show him my magnanimous approbation'. I don't think I would ever have remembered that if I hadn't been so interested in the advert!
                      Jonny, very interesting to hear from you because, as you may have gathered, I was tearing my hair out trying to pin down the famous model/actress/St Bruno advert until I found her by accident via someone who had worked with her in Wales. What's irritating is that such an iconic ad from 1976/1977 has never appeared on YouTube where literally zillions can be found from those days! I found an old TV Times from December 1977 with a few nice pics of her to remind me I hadn't just imagined the whole thing! Yes, I did recall that she suddenly upped and packed in acting to marry a French millionaire and move to France. Didn't she also have a sister who was just as beautiful as her (or did I really imagine that?).

Do you ever speak to her? If so, please pass on all best wishes from an old(!) fan and say she isn't forgotten. Also, if she has Piat D'Or connections she might be able personally to solve another advert mystery which we TV commercial lovers have been puzzling over for ages. It is the identity of the (presumably) French actress playing the sexy wife in the British Piat D'Or ads on TV in the 80s? It's the infamous one where the husband compared the shape of a Piat D'Or bottle to his wife's shape! it would be great to solve that mystery.

Nice talking to you, Jonny.

Comment

Regarding that beef advert-
                        the groom looks like the actor who plays the bully doyle in grange hill?
                        My scrapbook blog

My website

Comment

Originally posted by ecofugal View Post
                          Regarding that beef advert-
                          the groom looks like the actor who plays the bully doyle in grange hill?
                          Thanks, ecofugal, that might help me to find her identity if I contact him first. Thanks.

Comment

OMG.................I worked for her father!
                            Met her a couple of times but was way too young / embarrassed to speak to her let alone look at her in the face

Comment

Hi, I too remember Sulina. The first time I met her she was just getting to be known as a model. I well remember her turning up to the studio riding a push bike and wearing a track suit, glasses and her hair in a beret. Not what I was expecting, but, hair let down glasses removed and makeup applied she was to die for. FACT.... Some years later I met her in Maidstone when she was the ST. Bruno girl, she gave me two packets of tobacco and I still smoke it. Alas with the passing of time I no longer have the negatives from that first meeting so am looking for a photo of her. She went on to co-host Mr. and Mrs. but in my opinion she was too good for the show. I often talk about her to friends and company, she was a very friendly and obliging model. What a shame that there are no photos of her on the web. Ah well.

Comment

Working...
                              X