Instant mousse - made with water

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instant mousse - made with water

Hello, I'm new here and I think this is a fantastic website!!

I wonder if anyone can remember an advert for an instant mousse. I'm sure it was late 70's or maybe even early 80's. I remember it being a big deal at the time because the only mousse you could get before this was in the freezer section (eg. Supermousse).

I also remember the tv ad for it - and here lies my problem. The theme tune was 'hoots man there's mousse loose aboot this hoose' and a crazy scottish man with a kilt going around an old house with a mixing bowl.

I know that the tune has also been used for a wine gums advert but the words for that are 'hoots man theres juice loose aboot this hoose'.

If I remember rightly there were lemon and I think strawberry flavours - any ideas? Or - even better a clip of the advert?

Thank you.
    sigpic"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."
    - George Bernard Shaw (1856-1950)

Re: Instant mousse - made with water

Hi there Fruity Oranges,

Welcome to DYR. I have been looking for the Mousse made with water, haven't found anything yet, but I'll keep looking!

sigpic

Comment

Hi Karen,
      thanks for the welcome and the searches. I've had a little success at work today - a colleague also remembers the advert (she's about my age), so I know I'm not imagining it!

I've trawled through youtube to see if I can find anything, but nothing yet
      Thanks again
      sigpic"If you can't get rid of the skeleton in your closet, you'd best teach it to dance."

Comment

I ve searched everywhere too, but it just keeps bringing me back to the Maynards ad
        Heather

Comment

Do you both remember the ad though?
          Last edited by sixtyten; 05-03-2008, 21:58.

Comment

Fruity..please put all your text in the box..not the heading section, as its confusing

Comment

OOps sorry about that - will do from now on

Comment

Comment

I think I do yes... but when the Maynards Wine Gums got mentioned on here way back, I thought I'd confused things in my mind over the years, but I'm fairly sure I remember "Moose loose" as well as "Joose Loose", but there is no evidence that I can find that the song was used in two seperate adverts.
                  Heather

Comment

Working...
                  X