Land of the Giants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Land of the Giants

Land of The Giants was an hour-long American science fiction program in which a spaceship crash lands into a world of giants. The program focused on the adventures of the crew getting spare parts for the spaceship 'Spindrift'. Made by Irwin Allen of 'Lost in Space' fame, in the Land of The Giants the crew regularly got into all sorts of scrapes.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Land of the Giants

I just remembered this program. I didn't like it much, but it was all there was to watch on a Sunday morning when I was a kid. I don't remember it being an hour long, it was more a series from what I can remember off the top of my head.

I preferred Lost in Space.

Comment

I remember that some of the oversized props from the show were on display at Universal Studios Hollywood for many years. I don't know if they're still there.

Comment

I remember there was a VW Polo advert a few years ago that spoofed the look of LOTG.
        The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I'm surprised they've not dug it up and rebooted it for a new generation. They've managed to do it for a lot of other things that were about that era.

Comment

i like LOTG.
            It was a little silly now and then with the humans being able to drive toy cars and fly remote control planes but most eps were entertaining

Comment

im sure it was an hour long mate although because of ads it was more like 45 mins.
              it was on channel 4.

im shocked a film of this has not been done as irwin allens other hit lost in space got a film with heather graham etc.

Originally posted by Sly View Post
              I just remembered this program. I didn't like it much, but it was all there was to watch on a Sunday morning when I was a kid. I don't remember it being an hour long, it was more a series from what I can remember off the top of my head.

I preferred Lost in Space.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I loved the channel 4 repeats of this and lost in space. Must of been the late 80's early 90's. Sunday Sci-fi just around or after lunch if I remember.
                sigpic

Comment

from 10 to midday if i remembe rightly mate.

Originally posted by Paulos View Post
                  I loved the channel 4 repeats of this and lost in space. Must of been the late 80's early 90's. Sunday Sci-fi just around or after lunch if I remember.
                  FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

i loved land of the giants...........when i watched it, it was on a saturday morning

Comment

The guy...what's his name..? my memory for names is terrible. The guy who married Deanna Lund,he was trying to geta film version going.

Comment

Land Of The Giants is an absolute classic - LOVED it (and still love it as all available on DVD)

Comment

Working...
                        X