Wimpy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wimpy

According to Wiki 177, although none on motorways now, all been taken over by Moto Little Chef - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Still 180 of 'em about...old Blumenthal went in to sort out the menu didn't he?

OLYMPIC BREAKFAST...to die for!
      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Originally posted by rossobantam View Post
        their website says there is one on Doncaster, but for the life of me I can't think where it is....must be inside 'another' building of some sort
        I think its in the bowling place up near the dome area, although im not sure.

Terrier.

btw wasnt the round sausage called the big bender?

Comment

Originally posted by Trace564 View Post
          Used to love going to Wimpy as a kid. I remember the ketchup in a tomato shaped bottle, and I used to love their (round shaped) sausage.
          I'm sure those sausages were called 'benders' or even worse 'big benders!'. I used to love the spicy beanburgers. There was a Wimpy in MOTO services at Bowburn South Durham. It might still be open.
          Heaven knows I'm miserable now.

Comment

My first Wimpy visit sticks in my mind - I'd never had a burger before, so I was looking forward to eating the, well, chunky sandwich. Didn't go for a beefburger in the end, though, since a gammon and egg number leapt out from the menu and just had to be mine.

So there I was, licking my lips, getting ready to eat my burger in a burger eating stylee.

Only for egg yolk to go all over me trousers.

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinthe80's View Post
              I'm sure those sausages were called 'benders' or even worse 'big benders!'. I used to love the spicy beanburgers. There was a Wimpy in MOTO services at Bowburn South Durham. It might still be open.
              It is

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                It is
                Wey hey!! I'm in durham at the weekend. I'll have to call in and see what its like.

Comment

Wey hey!! I'm in durham at the weekend. I'll have to call in and see what its like.
                  That's my neck of the woods

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Grunwald View Post
                    That's my neck of the woods
                    Thats where I was brought up! Not Bowburn but Co. Durham! Small world.

Comment

Thats where I was brought up! Not Bowburn but Co. Durham! Small world.
                      although I'm born & bred Doncaster (dad's side were all miners), mum's side are originally from the North-East, and we still have family in Pelton Fell nr Chester-le-Street

back on thread....Spicy Beanburger? hmm I think you've answered a query I've always had in my head..I had a SBB in what I THOUGHT was a Burger King in Birmingham New Street station 1989 IIRC...I wondered why they weren't the same nowadays; cos it must have been a WIMPY one I had..cheers!!
                      sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

I really liked those spicy bean burgers! Im not a vegaterian but they were so tasty! Much nicer than Burger King or Mcdonalds. I always prefered Wimpy fries too. They actually tasted of something!

Comment

Not sure if this gonna work - original old menu ( prices are in pounds/shillings/pence)http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/wimpy3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                            Not sure if this gonna work - original old menu ( prices are in pounds/shillings/pence)http://www.kzwp.com/lyons/wimpy3.jpg
                            Yeah it worked!! thats fantastic....and the bender the meaty farnkfurter...fnarr fnarr

Thanks for posting.

Terrier.

Comment

we've had a Wimpy in Fraserburgh for as long as I can remember
                              and they're still busy, much prefer them to mac n burg king
                              because all the food is cooked fresh and it's done in front of ya
                              used to have loads of the beef eater badges too
                              allthough most of the staff now look about 13 years old ??

or maybe its cause I'm old LOL
                              DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

I remember seeing Spicy Bean Burgers on the menu at Wimpy, & wondered what they were, & my Mum had to explain they were & that I probably wouldn't like them.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X