Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 62

Thread: Bunty

  1. Default Bunty

    Bunty was a girls' magazine that contained lots of comic strip, girly stories. Regularly there was a story about four girls all with the same name. I remember it was something like 'The Four Marys'. They were always getting up to some adventure or other. I was about 8 when I used to read it. Bunty would get delivered on a Saturday morning and I would race downstairs to pick it up. Then when I was finished my mam would read it after me.

    More...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    26

    Default Re: Bunty

    Ah happy memories! I still have some Bunty and Mandy annuals bit threadbare but none the less brilliant!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Herts
    Posts
    241

    Default Re: Bunty

    Quote Originally Posted by remember View Post
    Bunty was a girls' magazine that contained lots of comic strip, girly stories. Regularly there was a story about four girls all with the same name. I remember it was something like 'The Four Marys'. They were always getting up to some adventure or other. I was about 8 when I used to read it. Bunty would get delivered on a Saturday morning and I would race downstairs to pick it up. Then when I was finished my mam would read it after me.

    More...
    It was the four mary's.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bunty

    I loved Bunty used to get mine on a mondays,I loved the stories about the 4 Marys
    On the back page you could cut out a paper model,and her clothes there was one every week,used to love doing that.Ended up having a good collection in a box,and they each had a name

    Anyone else remember doing this?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Cornwall
    Posts
    1,282

    Default Re: Bunty

    Quote Originally Posted by amethyst View Post
    I loved Bunty used to get mine on a mondays,I loved the stories about the 4 Marys
    On the back page you could cut out a paper model,and her clothes there was one every week,used to love doing that.Ended up having a good collection in a box,and they each had a name

    Anyone else remember doing this?
    One of my fave things to do as a girl was to dress paper dolls with paper clothes! Simple times.
    I used to buy the books with press out ones all the time.

    'Dreams come true if you want them to'

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Bunty

    I was just talking about 'Bunty' on another thread. I too dressed her up in the paper clothes. Anyone remember 'Toots' and 'Tillie the Trier' comic strips? I mentioned on the other thread 'The Hall of Mirrors', a great story and 'A doll called Dinkydoo'. There was also a story in type called 'Little Miss Busy Fingers' about a girl who was living with a wicked aunt or someone while she worked as a seamstress. I remember another one about a girl in an orphanage with a wicked Mrs Crabstick looking after the children and an evil child called Becky' who'd keep getting the main character into trouble. Yeah, Bunty was a Saturday comic. I got Mandy during the week. My sister and I would fight to get Mandy first after school so my poor mother started buying Debbie too to solve the rows. then came Tracy. We'd pass them on to my cousin on a Sunday. She'd give us her Misty, which I particularly enjoyed.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    hampshire, uk
    Posts
    118

    Default Re: Bunty

    I had bunty, it came on saturdays. Loved the four mary's I had some books of them too, think they were special summer holiday editions?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    332

    Default Re: Bunty

    Quote Originally Posted by smurfie1 View Post
    I had bunty, it came on saturdays. Loved the four mary's I had some books of them too, think they were special summer holiday editions?
    They could've been the the little 'Bunty Libraries'..they'd be out monthly or every few months, I'm not sure. They'd usually be one long story in them. The other comics used to do them too. Dandy and Beano still do I think.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    9,852

    Default Re: Bunty

    THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HO

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    co armagh n/ireland
    Posts
    9,852

    Default Re: Bunty

    THUNDER THUNDER THUNDER THUNDERCATS HO

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •