Action Man

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Action Man

I can certainly remember all the cloths being well made,but saying that most of my action men were from the time they were changing from hard solid plastic hands to rubber hands.I did have a later eagle eye,but on the old body type.I never had anything later then that so the thinner cheaper looking clothing I would not of seen.Searching around on the net I keep finding those blue pants action men from 1978 on to about 1983.I never even knew these excisted.So yet my last action man must of been purchased before they came in.

Just remembered that I had thimbles(Plastic caps)That I used to put over the rubber hands when I put a new top on to protect the fingers as they could break off if not protected.

Comment

All the AM's I had came with the blue undies.

At least one lost his head after a soak in a hot bath, while me & my brother were trying out our float fitted plane.

I guess the glue came unstuck.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Action Man

No Richard, the vinyl neck cord broke - my earlier posts mentioned that - but tis true it is rather boring hence you glossed over reading that bit...

I've never used the thimbles to protect the gripping hands - the earlier thimble cups were made of metal, then plastic. I'm surprised anyone fitted a gripper inside one of those small cups. Even as a child I was always careful with the hands. Nowadays, unless its an easy to hold weapon I don't really pose them gripping the handle realistically - I like the hands to be pristine. If its the earlier hard hands then I'd pose them holding a gun properly or by the butt and stock...haven't displayed any in years though.

The Eagle Eyes head originally came on the earlier type body, mentioned that earlier on in the thread too - by George am I being sooooo boring, anal and obsessive that none of my knowledge is being heeded?!

Comment

Speaking of undies... a friend 2 or 3 doors up had an Action Man and was changing it's uniforms. Two of my brothers and i were there in the garden when the friend was doing this and when the kid wasn't looking my elder brother hid it's underpants under a rock .I do not know if the kid ever found them.........My bro must have had a thing for underpants cos during P.E one day he put one boy's pants into another boy's bag for a joke.The other boy returned them the next day .

Comment

This is one of my custom Action Men - I used to really wish Palitoy had made a Bobbie on the Beat when I was a kid. The closest we got was the Police Motorcyclist...Behind him are my Madelmen - the original Spanish version of Little Big Man, also made by Palitoy later in the mid 1970s but looked totally different. My Madelmen are reproductions made by PDJ of Spain which were then sold with a magazine every fortnight in Spain by Altaya...shame we never got that sort of thing here!

Comment

This is my Space Rangers Captain Zargon custom, Zargon was one of the final issues from Palitoy during their Action Man Space Ranger phase to compete with the Star Wars craze around 1978/9 onward...I never liked the look of the original Zargon, so customised mine...

Comment

Another custom - German U - Boat Captain. This ones nearly all 40th reproduction, the oil skin jacket and cap are vintage, I repainted the cap...Another, 'wish Palitoy had made this...'

Comment

This is one of the most prized and rarest vintage items - a 1984 Tsukuda Toys German Fallschrimjager - (German for Paratrooper). Tsukuda obtained a licence from Palitoy to design and produce for them a small range of 3 outfits, you could buy them dressed on eagle eye dolls or buy the outfits alone, boxed. If you bought the one or the other there were differences, the dressed U.S. Marine (Vietnam era) had a rubber combat vest on and a K-Bar rifle, whereas the outfit didn't have the vest by webbing gear and included an M60 as well as an ammo box among other items. The German outfit alone came with the webbing you see him wearing, whereas the boxed doll came with the same sort of belt the German stormtrooper came with. Finally there was a U.S. Green Beret - the doll only coming with a belt with holster and pistol whereas the uniform alone added webbing the same as the Marine. I also own the Green Beret original.

Since the 40th reproduction this outfit has become more widely obtainable but it does have a flaw - the boots are the wrong type - my original has the correct molded smaller boots whereas the reproduction has the incorrect larger boots...

My doll is originally a mail in Star Scheme doll, I even have the brown mailer box that came with it. My Father bought this one for around £185.00 around 2006 as a gift to me.

This is his other bits and stickers they supplied for his collar, jacket and epaulettes, I never attached the epaulettes as they probably wouldn't have adhered well onto the fabric atop curved shoulders. These stickers should go on his blue under tunic...

Comment

The Japanese viewed Action Man and 'New Combat Joe' (made by Tsukuda's rivals, Takara who made Transformers, Diaclone, Henshin Cyborg, Microchange) as models so they usually had painting guides for weapons like this which is the white sheet from the above pic...Its a flare gun btw.

Comment

Mortal enemies of the sky - Battle of Britain Pilot and German Luftwaffe Pilot...vintage originals.

Comment

Custom flocked ginger coloured hair and beard, Russian 'Internationals' Soldier...

Comment

Royal Engineers - this was the only full outfit I had as a child. I bought this one way back in 1997/8 I think...mint condition.

U.S. MACHINE GUNNER: again another mint condition example...

Comment

One of my all time favourites - Panzer Captain...I'm sure this is the same one in Alan Hall's Vol.3 Action Man Ultimate Collectors Guide...again, I bought the whole thing mint back in 1997...

Comment

Another custom - all 40th repro - even had the head/beard reflocked...a WW2 Scots Guard from the Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders...I call him Hamish...

Comment

Custom Jerries, more accurate uniform-wise, I used modern 1/6th scale uniform and accessory parts to make them up...I was inspired by the old war films like A Bridge Too Far back then...

Comment

Working...
                                X