what was this advert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what was this advert?

I think it was for the AA or maybe an insurance company.... a little boy (Kevin?)burys his dad's car at the beach - "its in the sand - I'm not helping much am I dad?"...

that certainly rings a bell and i think it was for the AA.
    No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

"Kevin, where exactly did you bury the car?"
      "In the sand... I'm not helping much, am I dad?"
      No, Kevin."

I loved that ad. Sure it was for the AA.

Comment

Kevin

It was used as one of the sponsorship adverts of a program on Channel 5 - Could have been all FIVE's films.

Comment

Kevin, Where exactly did you bury the car?

I can confirm that this WAS from the A.A. Advert, in 1987-ish, as It was my son, Adam, who played the part of the little boy, Kevin. His Father was played by Jonathan Kydd, son of the late bit part actor Sam Kydd, and the ad was shot on a beach in Spain. My Son went on to do many more adverts, including the one for Yoplait "petit filou" yoghurt, when he couldn't get his spoon into the large pot (remember that one!?).
          Later Adam appeared as Gavroche in Les Miserables at the Palace Theatre in London, and also was the Artful Dodger when Oliver opened at the Palladium in the mid 90's
          Richard Searles

Comment

wow thanks for clearing that up for us and good on your son!!!
            No man is worth your tears - and the one who is wont make you cry!

Comment

Re: what was this advert?

YouTube - AA advert - I know a man who can

Comment

Re: Kevin, Where exactly did you bury the car?

Originally posted by Richard Searles View Post
                I can confirm that this WAS from the A.A. Advert, in 1987-ish, as It was my son, Adam, who played the part of the little boy, Kevin. His Father was played by Jonathan Kydd, son of the late bit part actor Sam Kydd, and the ad was shot on a beach in Spain. My Son went on to do many more adverts, including the one for Yoplait "petit filou" yoghurt, when he couldn't get his spoon into the large pot (remember that one!?).
                Later Adam appeared as Gavroche in Les Miserables at the Palace Theatre in London, and also was the Artful Dodger when Oliver opened at the Palladium in the mid 90's
                Richard Searles
                Loved the little boy in this, seemed such a mature performance from a youngster, been looking on the internet for this ad for years, couldn't remember the product or even the "car in sand" storyline, just the little boy. Wonder if he went on to a professional acting career???

Comment

Working...
                X