Getting your bike 'branded'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting your bike 'branded'

I remember going to the local police station one saturday morning and having a unique number branded into the metal frame of my Grifter bike. I think the police came to my school that week to give a talk or something and I must have thought it was a good idea.

Also, did anyone else customize their bikes? I had a motor bike sound effect box fitted onto the grip of the handle-bar that 'revved' when it was turned.
    Last edited by Heather74; 21-03-2008, 00:21.

Re: Getting your bike 'branded'

I had a grifter that was my brother`s old bike and was out of date as far as the other kids were concerned so one day coming home from school I found a mk1 red burner in a skip with the frame all bent up and thought I could fix it. Got it home and it was beyond repair so I took the forks off it, handle bars, seat post, strange metal mag wheels with pedal back brake, pedal crank (anything that was removable) and put them all on the grifter. Ripped the stickers off and got new ones from this bike shop where we lived which had some strange logo on them and went into school with this hybred bike. Told the kids it was an import bmx from america and they believed me. They all wanted to ride this imported bike lol. 6 months later it was stolen from school. I wasn`t to happy.

Comment

Re: Getting your bike 'branded'

The police came to my school when we were doing our cycling proficancy (sp) test and they branded our biked for us then. It was quite an event, I think the local paper covered it. I live in a very dull village lol.
      If eight out of ten cats prefer whiskas, do the other two shave or wax?

Comment

Working...
      X