• Show
Clear All

• unidentified puppet show

All I remember is this song...

"Big chief Bilbo 's getting very cross, bumalagwee"

"Don't you know that I'm the boss? bumalagwee"

Got a vague picture of a short fat guy jumping up and down singing this

Re: unidentified puppet show

According to another forum this series was called "Jimmy Green and His Time Machine" It was aired in the 60's.

Find the forum here - http://www.sausagenet.org/nph-YaBB.pl?num=1128851399

Scroll down to Sniffers post ( app. the 13th one !!) and see the song in full and his comments.
    Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
    <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

Thanx Joybee

I actually went further down that post and someone else stated it wasn't Jmmy Grenn it was 'Sugarball the little jungle boy' a 1968 puppet show featuring Big chief Bilbo.

I done a search but all I can get is a pic of the main character Sugarball and it's not very PC for this day and age

http://www.puppetmagic.co.uk/images/sugarball.jpg

Comment

*lol* Pity I didn't read just one post further eh ?? Never mind ! I got you there in the end
        Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
        <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

I keep getting memories of something called "Oliver in the Underworld" that may have had something to do with "Big Chief Bilbo" !!!

Comment

My fave puppet show is Bronx Bunny .. over 18's humour but hilarious !

Comment

Originally posted by billymac View Post
              I keep getting memories of something called "Oliver in the Underworld" that may have had something to do with "Big Chief Bilbo" !!!
              'Oliver in the Overworld' was part of a series called 'Little Big Time' which featured Freddie Garrity. The series was made for Southern and aired in 1971. Sadly only one episode is confirmed to exist - the series' finale which exists as a colour film recording. There is a rumour that Bob Monkhouse held a copy of one of the episodes in his famed collection although I have not details of that.

Two 'Oliver in the Overworld' albums were issued.

'Oliver in the Overworld' - (Star Line SRS 5019) - A story album which features, amongst other tracks, 'Gimme Dat Ding' which was a hit for the Pipkins.

'Oliver in the Overworld' - (CBS 70096) - Basically the soundtrack of the TV series and a totally different entity to the above.

In the series there was a character called Chief High Pipe who was a kind of robot called a Hungry Drain. Their signature song would involve dancing around in a menacing fashion singing 'Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha-Ha Ha Ha-Ha Ha Ha-Ha Ha'.

I've got the CBS album and have transferred the songs to the PC and cleaned them up a bit. I'm working on getting a copy of the Star Lines album so I can do likewise with that.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X