Free Binder with Issue One!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Free Binder with Issue One!

My brother managed to collect all of Italia 90, which had loads of sections (I think each installment came with a few pages for each) plus stickers of all the players. I think he had to send off to get the last few stickers.

He also collected a True Crime series for years, though the subscriptions dept messed up when he moved, & ended up missing a few issues, & had to back order them.
    The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I collected and have the complete History of Rock in 10 extremely impractical white binders. It makes fascinating reading and I've used it as a reference tool on many occasions. The main problem is that the collection ended in 1985 (I think) It consisted of 121 parts so was quite an investment. I could do with someone producing a follow up part work lol
      "She moves in such an exciting world!"

Comment

i had the history of rock collection ,when i left home my mother seemed to have cleared my room out the day i left as when i went back the following week to get the rest of my stuff them along with my actionman collection and a few other bits had been givern to charity but ive still got the lp collection that accompanied the book set and the bob marley poster that came with an issue of it

Comment

LP collection? There were no records in the History of Rock part work that I collected.

Comment

there were 32 double albums that came with the set (i had them on mail order so maybe the lps were not in the shop brought version) original recordings on all of them white sleeves with blue and gold writing on them in a similar style to the writing that was on the binder thats if we are talking about the same collection "the history of rock" that was published by orbis in the early/mid 1980`s

just found one of the albums advertised for sale on the internet http://991.com/buy/productinformatio...kNumber=183093
            Last edited by n3llyo; 12-08-2010, 19:30. Reason: added info

Comment

I think you must be right n3llyo. I was def collecting at the same time but buying them from the newsagent where I placed a regular order.

The magazines sell for around £3.00 each now. They were 75p each at the time.
              Last edited by Jacqueline; 12-08-2010, 23:29. Reason: To add extra info.

Comment

Comment

It would be interesting to compare that with the History of Rock magazine that I collected.

Comment

So there were two different sets issued?

The ad above is from 1981

The set below is the one I remember, the first issue has Jagger on the front

Comment

I don't know if there was more than one. I only know that the set I collected, which I ordered through the newsagent and collected each week was 75p and definitely didn't have free lps with it.

I ordered the binders (after the first free one presumably) and removed the cover of each magazine (as instructed) to assemble an encyclopaedia type set of books. The final volume is the index for the rest of the collection.

I'm looking at the first volume now which begins with a pic of Jimi Hendrix and a general introduction. The subsequent pages of the first magazine deal with 1967 - Beatles, Who, psychadelia, Motown and the Black Sound in US etc. Second magazine is about Bill Haley and 1950s, Louis Jordan, Hank Williams, country boogie.

I could continue but obviously not much point. I can only think that the collection with LPs free was a mail order version. I collected mine around 1980/81 as far as I can remember.

Comment

Originally posted by branny View Post
                        I collected INPUT when that was out but never really read it. I'm currently collecting the Marvel figurines collection and the James Bond cars. Never again. I telephoned both companies to ask how many issues would be published before I subscribed. I was told around 80 for the Marvel and 40 for the Bond. We are now approaching 100 with Marvel and a lot of the characters coming out now i've never heard of. The latest is Impossibleman. The Bond cars are now approaching 60 issues which are now blink and you'll miss it as Bond walks past x car in the street.
                        Bond car collection
                        https://www.gefabbri-inet.co.uk/ACTI...EWCMD&CONF=022
                        Back issues (93 issues) only £7.99 each plus 0.50 p&p including a wonderful Ford KA!
                        sigpic

Comment

I can remember collecting the 'New You Beauty programme' and 'Greenleaf'...........the latter I still have today...........it cost me such a lot of money to fill the two binders I owe it to myself to keep it

Comment

I collected the first series of the TrueCrime ones. They were early 90's I think. They were great, I only bought an odd episode of season 2 of murderers I was particularly interested in. My son collected the SpineChiller series in 1998. They were very good too.

Comment

I had the following ....

Story Teller 1+2 (Marshall Cavendish, 1982-84?) There was 52 parts in this set. I have a real affection for this series to this very day. I'd say I probably had in the region of 20 issues at the time. You had to purchase the binders separately and as such I never got them. This turned out to be unfortunate as it meant the magazines remained loose and were one day taken as being nothing more valuable than any other magazine round the house and were thrown out. By comparison I still have most of the tapes. Thankfully in recent years I've been able to get my hand on a digital version and now have Story Teller on my computer forever!

Quest (Marshall Cavendish, 1988-90?) There was 60 parts in this. I managed to collect the full set and still have them. I was excited by this series at the start but my interest seemed to dwindle quickly as the general quality of the issues (both the material and projects) definitely declined as the run went on further.

World Cup 90 (Orbis, 1989-90?) I'd say there was probably about 20 parts for this one. I managed to collect them all and still have it. It also doubled as a sticker album but I didn't manage to complete the stickers.

Comment

I remember a girl at school collected one on astrology, with tips on how to read tea leaves etc.

It would have been around 1990.
                                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Working...
                                X