Bike - motorbike style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bike - motorbike style

Hi there. I am trying to find some info/photo on bikes that were around when I was a kid. They looked like motorcycles (dirt bikes) - had a plastic gas tank, fenders, spring shocks on the back and gas shocks on the front. Looked 'cool' at the time but musta weighed about 100lbs!
    Any help is much appreciated!

you said when you were a kid...when was that?
    I'd rather hear the bad truth than a good lie

Comment

Late 70s/Early 80s.

Comment

hmm...let me investigate. I am pretty good at toys I go to a forum regarding toys besides this one.

Comment

would this be a U.S toy or U.K toy? or both?

Comment

Probably US. I am in Canada so I assume it was a North American thing. Thanks!

Comment

ok...I know I know what bike it is but I do not know where to start. I found an AWESOME site you can go to. It's just like this one, but with bike experts..

It's www.bikeforums.net good luck!

Comment

youre not on about the old KMX are you ? these looked like scramblers but were normal bikes....
                Definition of a Transvestite: A guy who likes to eat, drink and be Mary! .

Comment

Re: Bike - motorbike style

I had one - they had a twist grip that worked with a mechanism that was supposed to sound like a motorbike.

And yes they weighed a ton, but the seat was comfy and the suspension was bouncy. Should have stuck with the Strika though - the weight made it a swine to ride uphill!

Comment

Working...
                  X