No announcement yet.

Did food really taste better as a kid?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Did food really taste better as a kid?

Not sure about the size of certain food stuffs but in my personal opinion the issue of taste going downhill is down to age,alcohol and smoking! .When your young your tastebuds are developing and trying new things,so after a few years you get over familiar with stuff and its no longer a novelty,thats my verdict.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

When I was young I found it hard to like very spicy food, but by the time I was in double figures I didn't really have a problem.
      The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Just back from the UK ( Plymouth, smashing city ) where I bought something I haven't seen over here in 30yrs - hard sweets bought by weight & in a brown paper bag. It's all metric now however, even in Europhobic Britain, and '125g of sugar barlies' doesn't sound the same as the old 1/4lb.
        I had rhubarb'n'custard and aniseed cough drops.

Comment

The trick is to ask for the monetary equivalent - 'Here's a quid, now give me cola bottles ya sugar pusher!'

In recent times I have developed an insatiable craving for Fruit Salads and if I see anything with apple it has to be tried.

Comment

Originally posted by Derekflint View Post
            The trick is to ask for the monetary equivalent - 'Here's a quid, now give me cola bottles ya sugar pusher!'

In recent times I have developed an insatiable craving for Fruit Salads and if I see anything with apple it has to be tried.
            ...and go without sleep for a week, all those e-additives ! Nice tho

Comment

I used to and still like, but not much, Findus minced beef crispy pancakes, but it believe it has more onion in them these days. I can't stand onions. LOL

Comment

Milky way's used to taste better,the centre was a darker colour and much nicer,I also remember moose bars being very similar.Has anyone got any proof that wagon wheels were bigger I definitely think they were.

Comment

Wagon Wheels - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                  Heather

Comment

Tinned corned beef was certainly tastier then,very insipid stuff they churn out now by comparison. No beefiness to it.

Comment

Something I thought about recently was that I'm sure Galaxy Milk Chocolate was more creamy and delish than now.
                      sigpic
                      'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Bland food need never be a worry for you kazboot & you in the heart of pasty/cream tea/ cider land !

Comment

Did food really taste better as a kid?

not the way my mum cooked it lol............full of salt or cooked to a pulp

Comment

Everything seems more vivid when you're young - the grass was greener, the sky was brighter etc.

My mouth is watering now at the thought of a nice long glass of Treetops squash or Corona lemonade!

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
                              Something I thought about recently was that I'm sure Galaxy Milk Chocolate was more creamy and delish than now.
                              Galaxy used to have a very distinctive taste but not any more. These days pretty much all chocolate tastes the same - vegetable fat and sugar.

Comment

i think food did taste better as a kid.........i was born in '63 and it was many years before there were convenience foods in the freezer........infact we didn't have a freezer in our house until the late 70's........food at home was freshly cooked

Comment

Working...
                                X