Call the Fashion Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my many fashion mistakes

I had a whole matching thing going on.Cerise pink skirt,white shirt with cerise pink stripes,a cerise pink belt,either cerise or white tights and a pair of cerise pink high heeled peep toed sandals which i dragged my mother round Blackpool for!!Dunno how old I was,between 10 and 15 I think.In the early 90's I had a few odd coloured shirts a green t shirt and a psycadelic hooded top lol

tulip

Comment

Underpants with designs on.

Whhhhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

I had a pair with what I think was a stagecoach scene on (certainly cowboys were involved), and there was even a pair with a military theme - a map and a hand grenade. Went well with my space hero shorts actually with a ray gun printed on them. 'I have a gun!'
      'I'll take that.'
      'Don't worry, I have a hand grenade as well.'
      'Where?'
      'Erm...'

Comment

[QUOTE=Danny;121290]
        Originally posted by milkyrain30 View Post
        dungarees (mine were bottle green with roses on )

QUOTE]

Hiya- I asume you are female?
        i am indeed

Comment

Originally posted by tulip View Post
          I had a whole matching thing going on.Cerise pink skirt,white shirt with cerise pink stripes,a cerise pink belt,either cerise or white tights and a pair of cerise pink high heeled peep toed sandals which i dragged my mother round Blackpool for!!Dunno how old I was,between 10 and 15 I think.In the early 90's I had a few odd coloured shirts a green t shirt and a psycadelic hooded top lol

tulip
          i had one of those too !!!

Comment

I had a light purple hooded t-shirt with a print of the Mayan calendar on it. At the time I thought it was great. You could wear it to raves, rock concerts, anywhere. But recently I saw a photo of it me wearing it at Alton Towers and lord did I look stupid in it.

Most of my fashion mistakes were made back when my mum was buying my clothes for me. Since then, I've always been delicately balanced between what's hip at the time and whatever doesn't make me look like a fat *******.

Official archivist: , July 24 2010 Guardian Technology.

Comment

oh fashion...well im still not the best!

I had one shellsuit (we could only afford one. thank god for having no money!!!) It was light blue and purple. Never wore it at bonfire night cos that was an accident waiting to happen.

Jeans for some reason around the 90s that were black with a red or green kind of pockets???

Cycling shorts that gave me camel toe....

Them body tops that had press stud button things near your cotch. Always rubbed me and impossible to fasten when drunk.

Always wearing trainers with no socks which made my feet stink.

Kind of crunching your school socks so they werent up but not like ankle socks??? Cant explain it really!

Only having the thin part of your school tie at the front.

Wearing demin shirt, jeans and jacket all at once.

And i had a thing were i wore sleeveless waistcoats when ever i went on the ale cos i thought i had a big bum and covered it up. I was a size 8! Ah bless!
              I used to be with it, but then they changed what "it" was. Now, what I'm with isn't it, and what's "it" seems weird and scary to me.

Comment

Since 80s and 90s clothing is now back in vogue, so to speak, I am no longer ashamed of my atire back then, I had the original stuff not the Top shop copy which costs 5 times as much!

Still got some dungarees from the 80s, they come in handy when decorating
                I soooooo wish I had not of dumped all my Mickey Mouse Sweatshirts, Nike basketball trainers and floral baggy blouses though.
                "Man who catch fly with chopsticks accomplish anything"

Comment

To the people who think the clothes they wore were really bad. Did you think the same at the time and only wore them just because they were fashionable?

There were a lot of clothes back in the day that I genuinley thought looked good at the time, and since my taste has always been pretty much the same, I still think a lot of them look good.
                  My Youtube retro & new video game reviews, glitches, and more,

Comment

I always wanted to dress like Madonna when she first started. Trouble is, with a mop on top not disimilar to Leo Sayer a decade earlier, I never quite got the image right.
                    I had all the plastic junk bracelets - hundreds of them right up to the elbows, with tatty bits of ribbon added for effect, and I even wore white lacey leggings under my tartan mini skirt (I know Madonna didn't wear tartan, but it's all I had at the time).... Then I would wrap half a rolled up net curtain in my hair and tie it in a big bow (with aforementioned barnet).... Add a Nik Kershaw snood and luminous fingerless gloves... et voila!
                    Thank goodness by that time DeelyBoppers were out of fashion, else they would have been on my head instead of the old nets!

Comment

Yes I was a bit embarressed at the time, but now I think they look good, especially as now all the teens and 20 somethings wear them and look cool, even though a lot of the 80s stylee is exagerated. (Think La Roux)

I can remember shopping in Top shop late 80s and the clothes were cheap then, must of been as I was only 15 so wouldnt of had the sort of money kids get these days. Had a lot of 'Chelsea Girl' hand me downs from my sister

Comment

Originally posted by pantherpink View Post
                        I always wanted to dress like Madonna when she first started. Trouble is, with a mop on top not disimilar to Leo Sayer a decade earlier, I never quite got the image right.
                        I had all the plastic junk bracelets - hundreds of them right up to the elbows, with tatty bits of ribbon added for effect, and I even wore white lacey leggings under my tartan mini skirt (I know Madonna didn't wear tartan, but it's all I had at the time).... Then I would wrap half a rolled up net curtain in my hair and tie it in a big bow (with aforementioned barnet).... Add a Nik Kershaw snood and luminous fingerless gloves... et voila!
                        Thank goodness by that time DeelyBoppers were out of fashion, else they would have been on my head instead of the old nets!
                        OH YES I thought Madonna in 1984 was the bees knees and tried to copy her style...Kids from FAME were cool too, I loved to wear Miami Vice style pale pink cotton trouser suit with jelly shoes and toweling socks

Comment

I was always about 6 - 12 months behind the fashion, by the time i'd persuaded my parents to buy me stuff it was past it
                          The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

Hey guys,

Red Bull Cola are currently running an incentive on their facebook fan page where you could be rewarded with £50 ASOS vouchers for admitting to your most heinous fashion mistakes!

All you have to do is post your fashion confession on their discussion thread (and even better - upload your photo evidence to the fan photos section) and include your name and city.

Week 6: Fashion Confessions | Facebook

They will then pick one they like and reward that person with £50 Asos.com vouchers

Good Luck!

Comment

A pale blue/dark blue/yellow adidas hoodie (nylon) with huge adidas motif on front on dark blue suede. hmmm
                              a peach (yes peach) skirt suit with sailor type jacket and peach dolly shoes
                              slazenger grey v neck sweater for school over thin tie
                              leg warmers rolled down with white buckskin boots. Would whiten them everyday with that spongey whitener stuff till they cracked.
                              white nylon vest attatched to tartan kilt with steel pin.
                              blue denim dungarees worn with vest top and black monkey boots as per dexys midnight runners.
                              grey jelly shoes with a block heel, used to make my feet sweat like mad.
                              white rara skirt
                              pink shirt dress with white flecks of paint? cotton? all over it, shoes to match.
                              The list of ridiculous fashion disasters is endless.

Comment

PVC Bondage trousers......... and god did they stink after a day of wearing them in the summer.

Still.. I've been told that these days I dress like a cross between a terrorist paramilitary soldier and a birdwatcher! Must be an improvement...surely?

Comment

Working...
                                X