Call the Fashion Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: my many fashion mistakes

What was wrong with Dunlop Green Flash trainers anyway?

Comment

I had a pair of lurex Union Jack knee socks in '77 that I wore with red platforms with a 6 inch heel. I was probably the last person in my town to stop wearing platforms. Gutted when they went out of fashion.

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
        I had a pair of lurex Union Jack knee socks in '77 that I wore with red platforms with a 6 inch heel. I was probably the last person in my town to stop wearing platforms. Gutted when they went out of fashion.
        COOL!
        I bet I was the last one wearing platforms though, they had to be surgically removed in the end!

My biggest fashion mistake was probably wearing turquoise hotpants at the age of 11.
        What were my parents thinking even though I nagged them for a pair.
        sigpic
        'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

Originally posted by kazboot View Post
          COOL!
          I bet I was the last one wearing platforms though, they had to be surgically removed in the end!
          Do you remember all the hysteria on tv and in the newspapers at the time Kaz? Endless "experts" trotted out to tell us that we'd all end up with deformed feet and damaged spines and crippled and probably in wheelchairs by the time we reached 30. Rubbish, nothing wrong with my feet or my spine. The only damage they did me was to my pride every time I (frequently ) fell over. Well worth the humiliation to look that cool while upright if you ask me

Comment

Originally posted by ClaudineJones View Post
            Do you remember all the hysteria on tv and in the newspapers at the time Kaz? Endless "experts" trotted out to tell us that we'd all end up with deformed feet and damaged spines and crippled and probably in wheelchairs by the time we reached 30. Rubbish, nothing wrong with my feet or my spine. The only damage they did me was to my pride every time I (frequently ) fell over. Well worth the humiliation to look that cool while upright if you ask me

Yep remember all that.
            I had a few sprained ankles falling off them, but it was all well worth it!
            sigpic
            'Dreams come true if you want them to'

Comment

I would LOVE some lurex Union Jack knee socks for the 70's weekend I'm going on soon...that would be fab!! I'm off to search for some!!
              ...chilli...

Comment

Did i really wear that ?

Can anyone remember wearing the following (sorry most of these are for the girlies)

a) Grolsch bottle tops on their shoes(a la Bros)
                b) Wallabies
                c) Shell suits
                d) Skirts with braces
                e) Sport stuff by Fila, Gallini,Capri, Lonsdale, Pony, La Gear etc... worn with trainers with huge tongues and loads of different colour laces
                f) Neon socks
                g) Leggings ( as my forum name suggests happy to be wearing these again though
                and a couple of beauty things i remember using insette hair spray,charlie red perfume,sun in hair lightener, banana clips etc
                Feel free to add your own there will be loads i have missed out and it will be cool to be reminded of them

Comment

Re: Call the Fashion Police

About the time I started at secondary school in 1989 it was fashionable for girls to wear men's tweed & other Daddish suit jackets (no leather patches though!).

A few years ago I mentioned this when having an office chat on fashion faux pas & someone confessed to wearing their Dad's old suit jacket in the same time period.
                  The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

Re: Call the Fashion Police

Don't remember it in 1989, but certainly remember the girl's fashion for "hacking" jackets, with leather elbow patches in the mid 70's.
                    Ghastly

Comment

Working...
                    X