best song ever!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best song ever!!!

there is this new song by johnny freeman called "the love" it has an 80's dance sound to it. its awesome how new music still reflects on the past n still todays music has come a long way since then.

Re: best song ever!!!

THE JOYS OF VINYL
    Who recalls the pleasure derived from the humble LP? i expect most of us here now listen to music on CD or perhaps streaming sites but there is nothing as satisfying as buying a new vinyl album, going into an independant record shop and spending hours flicking through the vinyl all lined up in alphabetical order, did you ever buy an album because you liked the cover?...yeah, me too. Than of course comes the ritual sliding the album from its cardboard sheath holding it carefully by the edges and placing it onto the turntable, then sit back to read all the cover notes, often you would get the song lyrics printed on the inner sleeve so you could mentally sing along often in the good old days you might need to put a two pence coin on the arm to prevent skipping Nice to see vinyl having a revival however but prices are now sky high and the independants are almost completely gone
    Just realised this post is in the wrong thread ....never mind eh?
    Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

I still have all the vinyl I collected in the 80s/90s and some new ones that i pick up from flea markets.

My three year old and his best mate love having "Discos" where I turn on the disco lights in my Games Room and play records for them to dance to, they seem to prefer House music, although the theme from Ghostbusters is their favourite and gets played multiple times, my boy even knows the words and sings along to it.

Comment

Originally posted by rocstar143 View Post
        there is this new song by johnny freeman called "the love" it has an 80's dance sound to it. its awesome how new music still reflects on the past n still todays music has come a long way since then.
        Today's music may have come a long way, but in the wrong direction, IMHO! There are exceptions, but much of it sounds obnoxious!

The best song I've heard in recent years is "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars. Always makes me smile. A lot of other songs just have me shaking my head!

Comment

there is this new song by johnny freeman called "the love" it has an 80's dance sound to it...
          Just had a listen. Not bad. Has a bit of a Lenny Kravitz vibe.

Comment

I'm not much into urban music - I'm sure the artists won't mind as I'm hardly their target demographic! - but my head has been turned recently by grime, of all things! It started with Stormzy and now I have heard a young pup who calls himself slowthai (all lower-case letters, the scamp!). Old dog/new tricks?
            Time flies like the wind, fruit flies like bananas - go figure!

Comment

Interesting point you raise here Rocstar143 I surea gree with you mind, though - just look at Sadi Thom "Revolution In The Air (I wish I was A Punk rocker With Flowers In My Hair), that is so Scott McCkenzie with (if your going to San Fransico, be sure to wear some flowers in your hair) and like to me that 2005 to 2007/mid 2008 era certainly represented another short Brit-Pop era with Sadi, Daniel Powter etc

I'll sure check Johnny's song out though - not as I am a mega fan of Lenny's style of music (though some are ok!!), it sounds interesting!!

80sChav

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                Today's music may have come a long way, but in the wrong direction, IMHO! There are exceptions, but much of it sounds obnoxious!

The best song I've heard in recent years is "Uptown Funk" by Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars. Always makes me smile. A lot of other songs just have me shaking my head!
                https://youtu.be/fE37p70UV0I

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                  Coincidentally, I just heard of this singer for the first time yesterday! Not bad!

Comment

Originally posted by Clare View Post
                    Coincidentally, I just heard of this singer for the first time yesterday! Not bad!
                    He's been around for about a decade or so .. there are three earlier albums i think and they're full of amazing songs .. far , far better than Candlelight ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Zincubus View Post
                      He's been around for about a decade or so ..
                      I've been hibernating

Comment

My fave song lately is Tilted, by Christina And The Queens. I think it's a French band, the song is good and the choreography is awesome.

Comment

Fragile by Sting, no doubt

Comment

I think you'll find it's "Party Fears Two" by the Associates.

Comment

At the moment I'm just loving You To Me Are Everything by The Real Thing - and in-particular as Eddy passed away last year and just listening to it brings back hazy memories of School Discos (may-be not in-particularr this song) but just the whole feel of the era and things like Knightrider (and my Mum getting my a Toy Knightrider after falling on glass as a 5 year old .... or so kid for being so brave) and now the possiblity of a Knightrider Movie too!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                              X