Clear All

Re: Corgi Cars

Just arrived yesterday from the UK.

Corgi 50th Anniversary Tin Clockwork Powered Routemaster

My Routemaster Collection is Growing!

Comment

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
      Yesterday, I won a #1143 American-LaFrance Aerial Ladder Truck from 1973 on eBay and will post the pics as soon as I pick it up from the seller.
      Here are the pics.

Comment

Love the American LaFrance. I bought it when my birthday money when I was about 10. I still have it and also bought another off ebay last year as it has the men and all the ladders.

I used to spend my pocket money on buying Corgi cars. They were only £2.99 for individual cars and less than a tenner for bigger models like the LaFrance. I still have them all and because I spent my money, I took care to wrap them in newspaper before storing them in the loft. Now I keep them all out on display at home. I have the Bond DB5 and Lotus - but no boxes. Probably my favourite is the DB5 as it does so much more than the other models.

I do look at ebay often, but the price of old Corgi cars can be mad. I used to have the Kojak Buick but lost it. Several times over the last 12 months I've bailed out of bidding on a replacement as the price hit £80-£100. Maybe when I'm older and retired ... maybe. I'd like to get the Torino from Starsky and Hutch back again too.

Anbody have scans of old Corgi catalogues?

Comment

That American LaFrance fire truck is a work of art!

Comment

Working...
          X