Corgi Cars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Corgi Cars

Corgi Cars were and still are Britain's best known brands of car model manufacturers, but they also make tiny replicas of lots of other modes of transport including planes and lorries. Corgi Cars were the sought-after item of every little boy. They were one of the first car models to actually include windows. Originally sold for around 15p in today's money, if kept in their original boxes these can now fetch hundreds of pounds.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Corgi Cars

I've been collecting old toy cars,lorries etc...and now have 1000s.Im waiting for the attik to cave in any moment.
    Thanks for posting those pages.
    Frame.
    "poor is the man who's pleasures depend on the permission of another"

Comment

I seem to remember having what I think was a corgi set which had a track with loops on it and a car that you charged with a petrol pump,

Comment

#848 London Transport Routemaster
        (£1.25 Flea Market Find!)

Comment

i had buckets full of corgi cars when i was a kid........didn't keep any packaging just played with them all the time.........all time fav was my blue rolls royce

Comment

in pretty good nick V.B for a quid 25 mate.

A wee bit of red paint to touch it up where its missing the red colour.

you still have her.
            FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

I found it at the flea market just this morning.

Comment

Great stuff mate.

you have any more.

pity the pics on thios thread have been removed cant understand why.

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                I found it at the flea market just this morning.

Comment

I had a Corgi Routemaster that had a battery inside and it went Beep Beep when the body was pressed down onto the wheels. Also had the Corgi JCB tracked loader, the Warner&Swasey mobile crane and the Priestman tracked excavator. Now those were real quality toys with working parts and I prefered Corgi to the Americanized stuff that Matchbox were making. Also had tonnes of the Corgi Juniors range of vehicles and some of the larger scale lorries as well but seemed to notice that Corgi were going downhill quality-wise towards the end of the 1980s. By that time, I'd grown out of toys and was getting more and more into synthesizers, Sega master system and mountain bikes

"Leave everything to me!"

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                    Great stuff mate.

you have any more.

Sadly, I only have only one or two of the Corgis that I had as a kid. Among the ones I originally had were the James Bond Aston Martin, the Batmobile, the VW Type 2 wrecker truck, and the Tour de France Renault set. But currently I'm trying to rebuild my collection. Yesterday, I won a #1143 American-LaFrance Aerial Ladder Truck from 1973 on eBay and will post the pics as soon as I pick it up from the seller (he has a shop in my area).

And yes, please, show us your Corgi models!

Originally posted by Powdered toast man View Post
                    I had a Corgi Routemaster that had a battery inside and it went Beep Beep when the body was pressed down onto the wheels. Also had the Corgi JCB tracked loader, the Warner&Swasey mobile crane and the Priestman tracked excavator. Now those were real quality toys with working parts and I prefered Corgi to the Americanized stuff that Matchbox were making. Also had tonnes of the Corgi Juniors range of vehicles and some of the larger scale lorries as well but seemed to notice that Corgi were going downhill quality-wise towards the end of the 1980s. By that time, I'd grown out of toys and was getting more and more into synthesizers, Sega master system and mountain bikes

"Leave everything to me!"
                    From 1989 to 1995 Corgi was owned by Mattel who repackaged the Corgi Juniors as Hot Wheels. I have some examples of the rebranded Corgi Juniors such as the double decker bus, London taxi and the Porsche 911 -- they came out between 1996-98.

Comment

Originally posted by darren View Post
                      The pics haven't been rmoved from here, the person who posted them deleted them from photobucket where they were held so they don't show up on here. Anyway I've deleted those posts, so the thread should look a bit better now
                      The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

I was selling at an antiques show today and picked up these two: A Bedford dustbin lorry and a Panhard petrol lorry, both by Dinky.

Comment

very nice V.B.

Just how old are these mate.
                          the eighties perhaps id guess.

need a wee touch up if your brave enough to do it mate.

Comment

Thank you.

They look like they're from the 1950s or early 1960s. The petrol lorry is French-made. As for repainting it, the paint job looks like it's in pretty good shape so I'll just leave it the way it is. Besides it does give it a bit of character.

Comment

i do agree its better to leave them as they are rather than restoring them.
                              could be a bad mistake if ever they where to be sold

Originally posted by victorbrunswick View Post
                              Thank you.

They look like they're from the 1950s or early 1960s. The petrol lorry is French-made. As for repainting it, the paint job looks like it's in pretty good shape so I'll just leave it the way it is. Besides it does give it a bit of character.

Comment

Working...
                              X