Thread: Need help with fuzzy memory

Default Need help with fuzzy memory

Hi,

Some of these details may be sketchy at best, but I'm definitley not mad, and I'm not thinking about Garbage Pail Kids.

Back when I was in Primary School, between 1985 and 1989, we used to collect and trade either stickers or cards. They were probably cards, although I may just not have been allowed the stickerbook. They probably came with bubblegum. I'm fairly sure there was only one or two series, I think the cards went upto #100. They were definitely after the first GarbagePail kids series, probably 5 in a pack.

As far as I can remember, they were cartoon pictures of monsters,ghouls,zombies and skeletons, they had cool names and they were all playing a different sport (mabye all different athletic events). There was a javelin, a shot-put, high jump etc.

Anyone any clues?

Andrew
    Sunderland, UK

i can see where you comimg from but carnt think of the names i can just remember them so soz carnt help you out on this
    try ebay there might be something on there
    THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Default Re: Need help with fuzzy memory

Im Guessing Team Spirits by the Unusually Funny Factory Limited.

Heres a wrpper from the series:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	team spirits.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	89.2 KB 
ID:	2505

This is a very old post but I found it on Google and I might have the answer :P The OP might get a notification for it so it might be worth answering. If not, don't bite my head off because I registered on the forum just to answer.

I have the full set of Team Spirits. I found them in an auction ages ago. I have scans of them all if you like. There was a preceding set of 18, with some of the same characters and those werern't sports based.

SET 1: ( http://www.monsterwax.com/monsteroly2.jpg , http://www.monsterwax.com/monsteroly3.jpg )

1 The Evil Troll
    2 The Blob
    3 The Bonesucker
    4 Mr. Hyde
    5 The Werewolf
    6 The Zombie
    7 The Bride of Dracula
    8 Slimeball
    9 The Phantom of the Opera
    10 The Headless Ghost
    11 Creature from the Pit
    12 Four Eyes
    13 Frank N. Steins Monster
    14 King Tut
    15 Count Vlad
    16 Quasimodo
    17 Egor
    18 Attila The Hun

Can't be bothered to list the other set 'cos there's 40. The javelin thrower was Bride of Dracula, I think. A few more examples are Fungus the Soccar player... Rock the Surfer... Blob the boxer... Quasimodo the Hammer-Thrower... Four-Eyes the Discus thrower...

Hope this 6 year old question gets answered :P

Quote Originally Posted by Streaksy View Post
    This is a very old post but I found it on Google and I might have the answer :P The OP might get a notification for it so it might be worth answering. If not, don't bite my head off because I registered on the forum just to answer.

I have the full set of Team Spirits. I found them in an auction ages ago. I have scans of them all if you like. There was a preceding set of 18, with some of the same characters and those werern't sports based.

SET 1: ( http://www.monsterwax.com/monsteroly2.jpg , http://www.monsterwax.com/monsteroly3.jpg )

1 The Evil Troll
    2 The Blob
    3 The Bonesucker
    4 Mr. Hyde
    5 The Werewolf
    6 The Zombie
    7 The Bride of Dracula
    8 Slimeball
    9 The Phantom of the Opera
    10 The Headless Ghost
    11 Creature from the Pit
    12 Four Eyes
    13 Frank N. Steins Monster
    14 King Tut
    15 Count Vlad
    16 Quasimodo
    17 Egor
    18 Attila The Hun

Can't be bothered to list the other set 'cos there's 40. The javelin thrower was Bride of Dracula, I think. A few more examples are Fungus the Soccar player... Rock the Surfer... Blob the boxer... Quasimodo the Hammer-Thrower... Four-Eyes the Discus thrower...

Hope this 6 year old question gets answered :P
    hi do u want to sell them i will buy them

There's very little out there about these cards - other than the links already posted - but Murray Cards have the Team Spirits set: http://www.murraycards.com/catalogue...Search=spirits

The same company also produced Prehistorigum, which Murray Cards stock.

Does anyone know where to get hold of the Team Spirits follow-up, I think it was called Holiday Spirits? I have a complete set but used to carry them around with me everywhere when I was a nine-year-old so they're a little worse for wear!
    Last edited by amilyn; 16-08-2011 at 01:40. Reason: More direct link