Cyborg, Muton and Android

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyborg, Muton and Android

Does anyone remember these three action figures from the 70's? They were about 12" tall and parts of the arms could be replaced with weapons. Cyborg was clear, Muton was purple, I never had Android though. Would be really great to see pictures of these toys.

More...
    Do You Remember the 70s, 80s and 90s?
    http://www.DoYouRemember.co.uk

Re: Cyborg, Muton and Android

Made by Denys Fisher.

For original Image and more information
    http://uk.geocities.com/vortx_productions/ACM.html
    Last edited by Heather74; 11-04-2008, 12:55.
    Heather

Comment

I had all 3 of these, i'd totally forgotten about them!! One fired missiles (the type that disappear down the back of the sofa) and one had a weapon that fired water. You could remove the rubber heads to reveal a different head underneath, you could also stick the rubber head on your face as it acted like a sucker, if you felt that way inclined!?

Comment

I saw an advert for these things way back in the 70's on telly during the summer holidays and really wanted to get one.I had to wait for christmas,must of been around 1977.I found Cyborg in my stocking,followed by Muton under the tree.Somehow later I managed to get Android and the spaceship that went with them with the smaller craft inside.I can still see many of the interchangable weapons.Muton was my favourite because of the costumes.Most of the time I left him dressed up as the sea monster one as It sorta reminded me of Dr who sea devils and Silurians at the time.I think the big attraction was the see through coloured plastic and rubber.Most odd at the time.I used to like action man so I assume it was a logical move for me to want these as well.
        I can even remember how they went as well.Mum was having a clear out as she usually did from time to time and she took them from the cupboard where my toys used to be and for once actually asked me if I wanted them or not and I can remember her saying that I was now too old for them and had outgrown them.They were then sold on as most of my old toys had been.I rather reluctantly let her take them.I had played with them so much the plastic around the arm joints at the elbow was broken by then.They were apart from my action men my favourite toy.I never really forgot about them,just could not remember what they were called after all those years untill I saw them on the internet again last year.I think loosing these and my action men was the biggest loss to me from my childhoood.I would like to obtain examples again one day when I can afford it.

Comment

Battyrat, theres a site called visibleinnards.org you should look at, its all about these toys and the Japanese originals called Henshin Cyborg. You have to thank Hasbro's G.I.JOE doll for this, Takara tried selling Joe dolls in Japan, they did okay but by the 70s they tried a new concept - Cyborg and King Walder (original name for Muton), the gimmick was you could dress Cyborg in outfits of then famous Japanese live action superhero shows or cartoons, same with the Walders, there were 3 - purple, yellow and green! All of the range was Action Man sized. They then made 'Shonen Cyborg and King Walder Jnr' - which is the 8 inch size that Denys - Fisher obtained the licences for and made their own backstory...In Japan, Cyborg etc spawned the Micronauts toy line, then a line called Micro Change where everyday objects became their bases, cars, planes, tanks etc, this then spawned Diaclone - a range of guns, planes, cars and trucks that became robots (sound familiar??), and Hasbro took interest in the properties and obtained a licencing agreement to then use certain characters and if need be recolour and rechange them (i.e. 'Powered Convoy' became a certain 'Auto - bot' Leader)...Hasbro created a new mythos, new factions of good and bad and marketed it as....THE TRANSFORMERS!

Takara initially continued with DIACLONE and then seeing how profitable The Transformers were decided to make their own range - The Autobots became The Cybertrons and the Decepticons became The Destrons. They also re-named many of the US/UK Transformers - Optimus Prime is still known as 'CONVOY' over there...they even have many characters never realised over here like a black/gold/red version of Scorponok called Black Zarak and another leader called 'Deazaras'. They had many different cartoons - like 'Super God Master Force' (I kid you not!) and other toy themes we never had...basically, the story of G.I.JOE led to Cyborg, which in turn led to an American product going to the USA twice - first Joe, then Transformers....

Oh and the ones I have are the 8'' Denys Fisher Cyborg and one of his weapon set packs, I don't have an original Muton but do have TWO reissue Japanese ones, one in blue translucent and one in yellow translucent plastic! I do have the original Muton weapons - each one uses one. A bloke on that forum I mentioned kindly sent them to me for free! Big thanks to him. I also have an original Amulak costume too.
          Last edited by sf1378; 28-05-2012, 18:54.

Comment

I had Cyborg and Muton. The others came a bit later and I think i'd grown out of them by then.
            "GAME OVER MAN, GAME OVER"

Comment

pretty sure i had one of them.
              think it was the purple one.

really nice seeing these again though.
              FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

These are 3 of my reissues - Shonen Cyborg, and 2 King Walder Jnr's with original Muton accessories. I do also own an original Cyborg which I was very lucky to buy cheap as the originals sell for a lot of money now. Shonen has a boys face, unlike the original Cyborgs adult face.

Comment

Originally posted by remember View Post
                  Does anyone remember these three action figures from the 70's? They were about 12" tall and parts of the arms could be replaced with weapons. Cyborg was clear, Muton was purple, I never had Android though. Would be really great to see pictures of these toys. More...
                  Yes yes yes, I loved these they were sooo cool! I had the green flying saucer and a few of the outfits too. I had Muton and my brother had Android! OMG this site is bringing back such happy memories!!

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorQui View Post
                    Yes yes yes, I loved these they were sooo cool! I had the green flying saucer and a few of the outfits too. I had Muton and my brother had Android! OMG this site is bringing back such happy memories!!
                    Couple of pictures (these are not mine, just what I have found) http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...boInvader1.jpg http://i594.photobucket.com/albums/t...o-Invader2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                    X