Bank Account Freebies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bank Account Freebies

I remember getting an HSBC account just for the little red safe moneybox they had out at the time. That came to be the place where 1p and 2p coins came to die. I ended up having to re-use that account later in life, but got locked out because instead of providing a proper signature, the signature I signed with was an illegible scribble, mind you, I was only 7ish.
    If it's lasted this long, it's worth keeping!

Comment

Originally posted by Tilly Jane View Post
      i remember having a globe money box free, not sure if it was from TSB or NATWEST, TSB i think, anyone else have one?
      Old thread I know. I had one of these which was from Trustees Savings Bank and it was red but I've googled these and also found Natwest did a blue one.

Comment

Steve has answered what I was about to say. I had the blue one.

Comment

My mother had an account with Lloyds back in the 1970s. One of the cashiers there lived a couple of doors away from us. One particular day, she gave us a free money box in the shape of a horse head. It was shiny black plastic. Anybody remember those?
          Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Great thread indeed ... I can't believe that I missed it before

I can recall Freebies being given, but what exactly I'm unsure - though a lot of bank's had incentives that "doubled up" as Free-bies I recall too

80sChav

Comment

Working...
            X