Alpine and Corona Soft Drinks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Alpine and Corona Soft Drinks

The Corona man used to deliver a load of different flavoured bottles to my house every December as my mum used to stock up for the Christmas holidays knowing full well there would be no deliveries until the New Year. I really loved the Cherryade flavour. The Dandelion & Burdock one was also another favourite.

Comment

Corona pop brings back lots of memories. It was actually started by a company called Thomas & Evans. The original factory was in Porth Rhondda. The building is still there, there's a preservation order on it. Outside many of the fish and chips shops, there used to be a litter bin with Corona advertisement on it. Anybody remember those bins?
      Who cared about rules when you were young?

Comment

Originally posted by akb48fan View Post
        The Corona man used to deliver a load of different flavoured bottles to my house every December as my mum used to stock up for the Christmas holidays knowing full well there would be no deliveries until the New Year. I really loved the Cherryade flavour. The Dandelion & Burdock one was also another favourite.
        Do you recall the Corona wagon ??

Ours was an open-sided one with two sloping sides crammed with all the colourful bottles on show ...

Comment

all great memories,corona was my favourite brand as a kid,that or ben shaws sun charm cola or dandelion and burdoch-delicious

Comment

Alpine and Corona Soft Drinks

Originally posted by stuckinthepast77 View Post
            all great memories,corona was my favourite brand as a kid,that or ben shaws sun charm cola or dandelion and burdoch-delicious
            Can you imagine them driving around today with those open displayed Corona wagons

They'd all be nicked at the first stop

http://www.everyjoe.com/2015/08/12/e...ked-revenge/#1
            Last edited by Zincubus; 15-08-2015, 14:19.

Comment

a friend has just won these online for me.cant wait to receive them
              Attached Files

Comment

Ah the memories return the Corona man on Thursday'
                And the bottles with the flip top and the awesome flavours Dandelion and Burdock, Limeade ,Cola, Cream Soda and many more
                also there was Neptune drinks and Jaycon ?

Comment

You collect bottles or all kinds of things ??

Are you old enough to recall the old Corona salesmen driving around the streets with the triangular shape wagon and all the bottles on show .

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember when Alpine first started delivering to us in Birmingham - we lived near the depot. They usually delivered Friday night or Saturday morning. Like everyone else the limeade and dandelion and burdock has stuck in my mind, but for the life of me I can't recall the pineappleade that's been mentioned a few times.

Comment

Fantastic pic this is.

Not sure if those vans where seen here in n.i.
                          Not sure if corona did a lovely lemon or was it lime lemonade absolutely gorgeous.

Originally posted by zincubus View Post

sent from my ipad using tapatalk
                          FOR THE HONOUR OF GRAYSKULL

Comment

Round our way, Alpine would deliver on friday mornings. Both my parents worked and I was at school, so an elderly neighbour would have our pop delivered to her house. It was my job to take the empty bottles and put them by her step, then knock on the door and give her the money in an envelope, on which was written what we wanted that week. I remember the limeade and dandelion and burdock mentioned previously and more vaguely the pineappleade. I wasn't that keen on the cream soda...or was it creme soda?

After Alpine stopped delivering, there was a guy who delivered pop in 1 litre bottles around here in the mid to late 80s. I can't recall the brand he sold, but I think he worked for himself.

In the 1960s, my dad delivered Saxon's pop in the West Midlands area. I haven't met anyone who remembers Saxon's.

Comment

I certainly remember Corona being delivered especially near Christmas. After the Corona deliveries stopped I have a feeling Davenports took over the run. Later still the milkman used to deliver fizzy pop as well. Mostly our pop deliveries were all for Christmas or a family occasion.

Comment

Not too long ago Newcastle Brown Ale bottles had a deposit on them
                                sigpic
                                Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

Working...
                                X