Re: Alpine and Corona Soft Drinks

It wiz Bon Accord up oor wy

Attached Files
    DON'T TELL HIM YOUR NAME PIKE!!

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
      Not too long ago Newcastle Brown Ale bottles had a deposit on them

I noticed the Corona bottles in the picture had 10p on the screw tops. I think we used to get 10p on each lemonade bottle we returned and 5p on each half pint beer. Hunting for these bottles dumped anywhere formed a good part of our summer holidays and we used to get a bit of spending money for returning them.

Comment

Some kids climbed over the wall, into the back yard of the shop and took some of the bottles back to the shop for the deposit
        sigpic
        Do you really believe the other side without provocation would launch so many ICBM's, subs and ships knowing that we would have no option to launch as well? It would break our MAD Treaty (Mutually Assured Destruction) not to mention the end of the world as we know it.

Comment

I don't remember having door to door deliveries near me, but the sweet shop near my primary school used to have drinks in deposit bottles.
          The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

I actually did one evening's work for Corona back in the late 60s. Going round knocking on doors asking if people wanted pop delivered.
            It actually paid OK IIRC. It was (again IIRC) five bob a "lead". The driver of the lorry then took over the paperwork. I made thirty bob in about three hours.
            It was a right pain to get to the depot though from where I lived and it was Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Twocky61 View Post
              Some kids climbed over the wall, into the back yard of the shop and took some of the bottles back to the shop for the deposit
              We used to do the same with a couple of local pubs. One publican got wise and started to mark the bottles so we started to take them else where for the deposit. He thought he was smart but us kids out witted him every time, lol.

Comment

Who remembers Tree top orange? and who can forget the orange juice you would buy off the milkman?
                Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                  Who remembers Tree top orange? and who can forget the orange juice you would buy off the milkman?

I remember the orange juice the milkman would deliver. It came in the same glass pint bottles as the milk, or at least the stuff our milkie sold did. We didn't have it that often, Christmas being one time we would usually order one or two bottles.

Comment

Originally posted by battyrat View Post
                    We used to do the same with a couple of local pubs. One publican got wise and started to mark the bottles so we started to take them else where for the deposit. He thought he was smart but us kids out witted him every time, lol.
                    Guilty of backyard bottle collecting too.[emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I remember Corona drinks very well loved them all those different flavours.
                      When I saw the lorry coming into our road i remember running into house and saying to mum
                      the Corona mans coming. lol

Comment

Originally posted by djoki View Post
                        When I saw the lorry coming into our road i remember running into house and saying to mum
                        Dandelion and burdock all day long!
                        Ejector seat?...your jokin!

Comment

Originally posted by tex View Post
                          Dandelion and burdock all day long!
                          Same ... plus Cream Soda for a change ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by djoki View Post
                            They couldn’t drive round nowadays with all the bottles on show

They’d get back to base with most of them nicked ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Worse than that, it would most probably fail the emission test.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy1mate View Post
                                Guilty of backyard bottle collecting too.[emoji38]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                                yeah did'nt we all billy mate indeed!

I recall fondly all the Bottles of Pop the Milkman used to bring and tyou could re-trade in the next (and all this was before Pop became un-healthy)!!

Amazingly talking of Op I was siftting through Family Pics last night and old Paper-work of Newspapers with old Family News in them and discovered a Paper from generations back advertising Tizer ..................... in wait for it!!!

1933 ... and I was like wow, wow, wow .... it's so old!!

80sChav

Comment

Working...
                                X