Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: bionic man

Originally posted by Kiop View Post
    I had both the Bionic Man and Maskatron - both of them great fun. I also remember that the Bionic Man figure had a push-button in his back that you kept pressing to lift his arm up in stages as he lifted an orange, rubber girder. I'd forgotten about the bionic eye bit

Lifting the engine block came first, followed by the orange girder

ps I've added some Bionic Woman pics to her thread too, here: bionicwoman
    sigpic

Splitters!

Visit us here:

Comment

Maskatron's suction arm extension looks like a plunger that could come in very useful for any toilet blockages

Comment

Originally posted by Hooper68 View Post
        Maskatron's suction arm extension looks like a plunger that could come in very useful for any toilet blockages
        He must have borrowed it off a Dalek!
        Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.

Comment

hello all, just joined and saw this thread. ive got this fella a great toy line indeed

Comment

Hello all, nice to see some of these great figures still exist, I found my own Austin and Maskatron figures and although they aren't in perfect shape they are still feuding...

I always used to think that the mask of Steve Austin looked more like him than on the SMDM doll itself ;-)

Ed

Comment

I remember having the bionic man action man.I remember being shocked at how hard his face was.It seemed to be made of solid hard plastic.I was expecting soft action man face material.I am not sure if it was mine or my brothers,but i only had the action man figure,not the accessories.I think it must have been my brothers looking back,and he gave the accessories to a mate of his.

Comment

Neighbours oldest boy had the bionic man.The thing that stood out for me was the fact that you could roll the rubbery skin up his arm to expose the wires etc under it,and if I remember right this was a solid piece of clear plastic that used to pop out as well.He also had the rocket/chamber type thing.

Off topic slightly,with one of the earliest editions of 2000AD comic they had bionic stickers which looked really cool as a kid on my arms and legs.Possibly unrelated but inspired no doubt by the bionic man.

Comment

I had both SMDM and Maskatron, I absolutely loved them. God, 70s toys were so special

Does anyone else realise that the Maskatron mask was based on the face of actor John Saxon who played a baddie android in one of the episodes?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorQui View Post
                    I had both SMDM and Maskatron, I absolutely loved them. God, 70s toys were so special

Does anyone else realise that the Maskatron mask was based on the face of actor John Saxon who played a baddie android in one of the episodes?
                    Here is the 'real' Maskatron in action with John Saxon and Oscar guises!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg-u6-pgdwo
                    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKZvH...eature=related
                    Last edited by DoctorQui; 18-07-2012, 23:41.

Comment

Together with Evil Knievel, I would rate my Six Million Dollar Man (with engine block rather than iron bar) and the rocket / repair centre, to be my most favourite toy when I was growing up. The TV series was excellent and I just went out and relived the series with my toys. I did add the Bionic Woman to the set but it was a mistake; too many little things in the handbag and keeping the hair clean and tidy was a nightmare. She ended up looking like a lost cousin of the Hairbear Bunch. But I did have a big crush on Lindsay Wagner. Lurvely lady.

Comment

i had the bionic man action figure i remember looking through his eye but could never see as far as he did lol great toy for the year loads of playing time i remember
                        THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

I had a bionic man + an Evil Knievel which I won in an art competition.
                          "The answer to the ultimate question, of life, the universe and everything is .....42"

Comment

i love this when i was young it was my best toy
                            THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE TRUST NO ONE

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Not so awesome..

Comment

Working...