Fresca & TAB (soft drinks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fresca & TAB (soft drinks)

Does anyone remember these soft drinks from the late 70's? Fresca had a grapefruity/ lemony taste, and TAB was a kind of diet cola. Also remember Top Deck shandy and lager & Lime?

Re: Fresca & TAB (soft drinks)

Posted a pic of TAB on the old skool packaging thread. along with Quosh Jokers,One Cal, etc. I loved Fresca

Comment

Originally posted by Sixtyten View Post
      Posted a pic of TAB on the old skool packaging thread. along with Quosh Jokers,One Cal, etc. I loved Fresca
      I've looked at the old skool packaging thread but can't see picture of TAB. What page is it on Sixtyten?
      Last edited by Trace564; 22-04-2008, 00:26. Reason: spelling mistake

Comment

I could not see it.. will repost tomorrow
        Both still sold in the US
        Last edited by sixtyten; 22-04-2008, 02:54.

Comment

Tab!

Comment

LOL im just back from holidays in Spain and i can tell you they still sell TAB there too :-)

Comment

I remember these drinks well. I hated Tab and One Cal, though I loved the bright Tab can. I used to drink Fresca though. It so reminds me of 70s dieting, haha.

Comment

I remember Tab was brought back in the early 1990s, using the name Tab Clear.

It didn't last long no-thanks to a marketing plan that involved selling cans for 23p, & then increasing them to 43p a few weeks later alienating most of the people who had started to buy it on a regular basis.
                The Trickster On The Roof

Comment

TaB Clear was not a flop beacause of the price. Most new items to market have a special introductory price. There is an interesting story behind TaB Clear though. It was conceived trialled and marketed in only a matter of weeks to show executives that it could actually be done. It was a quick response to Pepsi Crystal which was also a massive flop. Pepsi's version was renamed Crystal by Pepsi after a few months because it was also unpopular. Crystal Pepsi was only available in the USA and Germany, although a couple of years ago it was introduced to Mexico as Pepsi Clear and was a limited edition. TaB clear was available in the UK only 2 weeks after it's introduction in the USA, it was also available in Japan and Australia.

Comment

Working...
                  X