Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did anyone play.....KICK THE CAN?

When I was younger I used to play "kick the can"

It was a form of hide and seek. you found an old can, agree who would be the seeker and the can would be placed on the floor at an agreed point. One of the hiders would then kick the can and all hiders would run and hide from the seeker.

Unlike traditional hide and seek the hiders would usually move around avoiding the seeker. When the seeker spotted someone, he/she would have to get back to the can before the person they found does and they would then be caught.

However if oneopf the hiders then got back to where the can was and KICKED IT all captured hiders would be freed and go and hide again.

the objective was to find all hiders. at the start of the game you always agreed on boundaries of where you could hide

This often provided hours of fun

Re: Did anyone play.....KICK THE CAN?

Ah, kick the can only ever played it a couple of times, I'm sure it was a game that was shown on the great school holiday programme Why Dont You.
    The only thing to look forward to is the past

Comment

From how you describe it, we played a 'a variation on the theme' !
      We had a 'ducker' not a can and we called the game Relieve-O.
      It was then played as you say, but all captured hiders had to hold hands and stand by the ducker. One simple Tag released them.
      Joybee - DYR SUPERGRAN !!
      <<< why not visit our main website

Comment

We called it "Tin Can Tommy".

Same rules about people getting to the can first to be "home" but I remember it involved the saying "Tin can Tommy 1, 2, 3" somewhere, possibly when a hider got to the can first and had to say it to liberate the rest?

Our asbestos shed roof was always my favourite hiding place, before it was dangerous though so it was okay.

Comment

Working...
        X